Can we fix this?

MySillyKids

Is there a way to set a limit of characters in a line of a sig?

This is super annoying (not picking on you, dear sig lady! :eek: )

cbc0b7fa.jpg

ADS

Mae

It's been a while since I had my iPod Touch, but can you double tap on the screen? On my droid, when I double tap, it makes it all merge into multiple lines so it fits on the screen. I *think* my iPod did that too? Maybe? :eek:

MySillyKids

It's been a while since I had my iPod Touch, but can you double tap on the screen? On my droid, when I double tap, it makes it all merge into multiple lines so it fits on the screen. I *think* my iPod did that too? Maybe? :eek:

double tapping just makes the text become larger, zooming in. :(

Mae

Actually, since it's the siggy that's causing the problem (one big line without spaces ...), there actually *is* a line limit. If anybody's signature is out of the limits, it's urged to report it. Sorry for those put on the spot here! :sorry!:

See here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=41506

To help people see if their signature might be too large, I made up a 240x640 pixel size box, which is the requested limit for signatures here on this board.

signature.jpg

If your entire signature, including pictures, tickers, and all lines of text and blank lines, is larger than this box (both in height and width), please reduce your signature size.

Qarin

Oddly enough, Mae, your sig text is too wide by that measure...

maesig.jpg

(I took a screen shot while I was dragging the sample image, so I could measure with it- see how your text sticks out on either side?)

But I like your sig's message, so I'm not gonna report it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oddly enough, Mae, your sig text is too wide by that measure...

It's not on my monitor. If I increase the text size in my browser, then her siggy is wider. Here it is default text size on my monitor:

Screen%20shot%202011-04-24%20at%2012.21.43%20PM.png

So, text is difficult because it's size isn't static and can change whether or not someone has increased or decreased the size, or likely could be a different default size depending on browser and operating system.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The forum allows for restrictions on the number of lines of text and the size of the fonts, but not the width of a line of text, unfortunately. Plus, when there are no spaces, I suspect it treats it as one word and won't wrap.

LuvBug

Plus, when there are no spaces, I suspect it treats it as one word and won't wrap.

This is exactly what it will do. My suggestion would be to PM someone who isn't using spaces and tell them it warps your screen and would they please consider adding spaces.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC