2000 Odyssey, 2nd row anchor points, help me CPS Darren!!!!!

Jessie78

Hi there, I'm in NZ and have now got a 2000 Ody, I've looked under the 2nd row captains chairs for anchor points and have scoured your page on this topic, but all it has is the bar underneath, not that bracket thing to clip to.

I can't Swedish tether with my seats, all I can do with my Britax Safe&Sound Guardian is tether Aussie styles. (The Scenera is ok of course). At the moment I've got the Guardian using the 3rd row belt as an anchor,

RIMG2767.jpg

but this is only temporary. I've found the three 3rd row sill anchors, and could theoretically tether to those with extension straps. But this isn't much use if I carry kidlets in the 3rd row - I still have no anchors for the 2nd row if you get what i mean?

Any thoughts? Could I use a bolt from a hardware store on the bar (please don't shoot me, just just a thought) then clip onto that? I'm gutted it doesn't have that bracket like your pics do.

Thanks

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
In USA/Canada models, the top tether anchor is a part welded to the frame under the seat. It's unlikely that a dealer could retrofit this for you unless the design is different.

Your best option might be to get a heavy duty tether anchor kit and install it into the floor behind or under the captain's chair. This would require some drilling so you might want to see if a shop or experienced mechanic will do it unless you are comfortable with doing that yourself. The LATCH manual from Safe Ride News has a very good section about installing your own tether anchors when no factory location exists.

Some restraint manufacturers like EZ-On have heavy duty anchor kits, like their #100H ( http://www.ezonpro.com/products/accessories.shtml ) that also includes basic instructions.

southpawboston

it should be noted that the odyssey in NZ is not the same vehicle as in the US, so any information that pertains to a US odyssey specifically may not apply. i think they are built on entirely different platforms and have very few interchangeable parts, with litle more than the names being the same.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
In the off chance that it is like the 1st generation 1995-1998 USA/Can Odyssey, there might be locations for anchors under the carpet trim behind the second row.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much for your help guys. I'll let my friend (original poster) know what you've said. She looked under the seats in the second row and couldn't find a factory installed anchor point like in the pictures she's seen on the odyssey page :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC