14 different cloth diaper "things" lol fitteds, pockets, covers...

Lenae

I LOVE the diaper in your signature. But, I'm not your facebook friend, and when I tried to search for you, I got like 20,000 people. Do you have other diapers available besides these ones here? Do you take requests (I don't have any right now, but just wondering) on color/pattern? I am really loving that pink with giraffes.

ADS

WhatAboutPuppy

Lenae said:
I LOVE the diaper in your signature. But, I'm not your facebook friend, and when I tried to search for you, I got like 20,000 people. Do you have other diapers available besides these ones here? Do you take requests (I don't have any right now, but just wondering) on color/pattern? I am really loving that pink with giraffes.

I do have others available and the one in my siggy is available! I can figure out how to add you this evening if you want to pm me your link? I can try to get my link tonight also when I'm back at my computer. What I've posted here is stuff i have that I don't sell as a business. Just stuff from my personal stash or from gifts that I ended up not giving.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

WhatAboutPuppy

Lenae said:

I do have others available and the one in my siggy is available! I can figure out how to add you this evening if you want to pm me your link? I can try to get my link tonight also when I'm back at my computer. What I've posted here is stuff i have that I don't sell as a business. Just stuff from my personal stash or from gifts that I ended up not giving.

Pixels

I started with one Econobum (cover and one prefold). Yup, just one. It was enough to give me a little bit of a taste of what it would be like. Then I added one more Econobum covers and three prefolds. That, supplemented with crappy Gerber prefolds, was enough for me to do cloth 90% of the time at home, and really really get a good feel for it with minimal investment.

Now I use pockets, but the Econobum stuff still gets used. I use the covers with other prefolds and use the EB prefolds between us and the bed when nursing at night. The EB prefolds are too bulky for my preference in a diaper.

I never asked DH to use the cloth. He just did once he saw how easy it is. Family members and sitters have also used cloth without a problem.

We exclusively use cloth for DS at DH's suggestion because DS is a weird size and no sposies fit right. With a one-size cloth diaper, we can adjust it to fit him properly.

We have a hanging wetbag to put dirties in. When we're out, we use a smaller wetbag in the diaper bag. When I was starting out, I used a grocery bag.

The one thing nobody can decide for you is snaps vs hook and loop (Velcro, Aplix). I was familiar with snaps because that is the only option on Econobum, so the first pockets I bought (and I only bought 2 at first) were hook and loop (H&L) just so I could try it. I find that H&L is a little easier and a little faster to put on, but not a big enough difference to really matter. When using H&L, when you take the diaper off you have to fasten the hook to the laundry tabs, or else you end up with them stuck to each other in the laundry and you'll pull out a chain of diapers. DH wasn't real good at making sure that step was done, and he didn't have a preference for use, so the rest of my stash is all snaps. H&L also wears out faster than snaps. I will say that H&L is more instinctive to get the right fit when others are changing the diaper.

If you want to try cloth, here's what I suggest you buy: two diapers with snaps, two diapers with hook and loop. That's it to get you started. You can use plastic grocery bags you already have to hold the diapers until you wash them. Use those four diapers for a little while until you get a feel for CDing. You'll be able to figure out if you prefer H&L or snaps, and have your DH and nanny try them as well.

Misty-Bug

hey. I call dibs. lol :p

scoutingbear

Okay. One more question (I think) before I do it. I love the idea of just getting 1 or 2 to start with. (I promise, normally I am an intelligent person who can think things through. But, apparently that's not the case with cd'ing. :eek: )

I think I want to try a non-all in one. The flips, are they considered a pocket diaper? or is it a cover that can be used for most of the day with liners? I now just need to figure out what to start with. I have seen g-diapers, a mom in our bf'ing group uses those and I don't like how they velcro to the back. I want to lean away from velcro/hook and loop because I have enough of that kind of stuff to keep track of right now in the wash (lunch sacks, reusable baggies, bibs, etc) and it is driving me batty! I want snaps! And there are so many of you I wish I could rep...but I can't. Because I took over this thread in swap...

T4K

If they are still available, cottonbabies just put Flips with snaps in their second sale under the clearance section. It's a cover that you can lay either Flip inserts or prefolds into.

Nice thing about the Flip cover is that it is "wipeable" so after changing you can toss the insert or prefold, wipe, and put a clean one in.

I think these would be good try me dipes because you could always use them in a pinch if you ran put of sposies.

sb518

scoutingbear said:
Okay. One more question (I think) before I do it. I love the idea of just getting 1 or 2 to start with. (I promise, normally I am an intelligent person who can think things through. But, apparently that's not the case with cd'ing. :eek: )

I think I want to try a non-all in one. The flips, are they considered a pocket diaper? or is it a cover that can be used for most of the day with liners? I now just need to figure out what to start with. I have seen g-diapers, a mom in our bf'ing group uses those and I don't like how they velcro to the back. I want to lean away from velcro/hook and loop because I have enough of that kind of stuff to keep track of right now in the wash (lunch sacks, reusable baggies, bibs, etc) and it is driving me batty! I want snaps! And there are so many of you I wish I could rep...but I can't. Because I took over this thread in swap...

Flips are considered hybrid diapers, not pockets. You can order a flip cover with an insert, and a few prefolds. That will give you a good start. Just keep in mind you need to wash prefolds about six times before they are ready to use.

scoutingbear

Pre-folds could also be used with a cover? (Almost ready to take the plunge. I'm just scared to click on a diaper site...cuz then the overwhelmingness (yes, that is a word now) takes over.)

sb518

Pre-folds could also be used with a cover? (Almost ready to take the plunge. I'm just scared to click on a diaper site...cuz then the overwhelmingness (yes, that is a word now) takes over.)

Yep! I used prefolds with a flip cover. I also used the flip stay-dry inserts with the flip cover. You can do whatever you want with anything you have. I just listed some stuff in swap but it hasn't been approved yet. If you want, I can make you a little package deal with a few prefolds, a cover and a pocket dipe. Just watch for the thread and let me know! I also have some already prepped prefolds but I didn't list them. That would save you from having to wash 3 prefolds 6 times.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I really liked Country Save with my mom's water. Don't know how yours compares but hers is pretty bad.

Also, you don't answer your pms? :p

Pixels

You can either fasten the prefold or not, either way. If you want to fasten it, you can use pins or a Snappi. If you don't fasten it, just trifold it (fold it in thirds) and lay it in the cover. Fastening the prefold takes longer and there is a steeper learning curve, but it is more likely to keep poop off the cover. For nearly 3yo DD with solid poo, I always trifold and lay in. For nearly 3mo DS with runny EBF poo, I usually Snappi.

I use Tide. I was using Tide, then decided to use Rockin' Green because that's what you're "supposed" to use, and got major buildup visible in the washer and stink. Switched back to Tide and my diapers don't stink any more. I suggest using whatever you usually use on your clothes, and see if it works for you.

Misty-Bug

If I used a pre fold with a cover, would I need pins? Or does it stay in position? (Are you all entertained now?) :p

there is things called snappi's. Those work well apparently. I would just line up the prefold then put the cover on for me. But this time around I want a snappi.

I say go through Jess. :p

scoutingbear

I have some coming to me to try. And then I will have to order through Jess because they are too cute! And Mads needs a cute rear end when she has dresses on. Especially since she is a fan of the "downward dog" yoga position so her butt is in the air! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC