14 different cloth diaper "things" lol fitteds, pockets, covers...

ADS

mommy2env

Omg those are adorable!

Are you willing to make me one or two diapers that fit a Build a Bear? My dd loves changing dipes, but the plastic ones are too cheap. If so, let me know how much you'd want for them. :)

WhatAboutPuppy

wyomommyx3 said:
If you ever make AIO's/AI2's or pockets, let me know... I could be in trouble fast with prints like those!! :whistle:

I make pockets as my business. The stuff I made here was more for fun. I can't make them fast enough to actually make any sort of respectable profit off of (basically I make 1-2 dollars an hour making fitteds. Lol). The pocket in my siggy is the design of my pockets (I made that one).
Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

scoutingbear

You *almost* make me want to try cloth. I just don't know how I'd keep up with the laundry since I can barely keep up with what I have now...

jsta1005

You *almost* make me want to try cloth. I just don't know how I'd keep up with the laundry since I can barely keep up with what I have now...

I thought you were already thinking about trying cloth? Just do it! Once you jump in with both feet it's totally easy! You just can't be afraid of cloth or it doesn't work!

WhatAboutPuppy

mommy2env said:
I'm guessing a preemie size? I'd want at least two, maybe three...depending on the price.

I have 2 preemie/nb sizes. What would you say the "weight" of Teddy is? Closer to 5 lbs or 8? I'm thinking the 8-14lb pattern would be best if I am picturing the right build-a-bear. And $10 each shipped. I can do Velcro or snaps?

scoutingbear

I thought you were already thinking about trying cloth? Just do it! Once you jump in with both feet it's totally easy! You just can't be afraid of cloth or it doesn't work!

I am..I was..I mean I am. Yup. I'm scared of it. :eek: More of the zillions of selections out there. And then there is the diaper pail and the HE washer...and what do I do when we are out and about. And I just need someone to say "here is what you need to buy." and "here is exactly what you do" and be done with it. I work well like that. :eek:

WhatAboutPuppy

I can totally make you a days worth of whatever style you think you'll like. Even if you started slowly (you'll get addicted) and only did cloth at home, or part of the day, or every other day it would give you an idea and once you were comfortable you could go full time, on outings. I wish I could help with the HE washer but I have no experience (I WISH my washer was that nice lol). I think all-in-ones are the easiest... But they're sized so you'd need to buy each size and sell when they're outgrown (try that with sposies hehehe). I could make them fast drying.
Ask questions!! I want to answer!!

Last edited:

scoutingbear

Yes, now that I have totally derailed your thread, I have no idea what I want! I need something that is user friendly and cute. The all in ones are tempting because of less steps but I don't think that is the most cost effective way to go because I suck at selling stuff. I have a whole pile of stuff in the garage to sell through various sources. :rolleyes: Besides myself, it would also be dh and our nanny that change her diapers. She is rather skinny (although most of her pants are staying on now ;) ) with not a lot of butt. She is 27" long but only 14 pounds so sizing on a lot of things throws me off.

I do want to try. I get so excited when I see cute covers/diapers or pictures of lots of colors hanging out to dry on the line. Then I get scared of the diapers again. :eek: What do you do for a diaper pail? Do I need to rinse the diapers before I put them in?

WhatAboutPuppy

Yes, now that I have totally derailed your thread, I have no idea what I want! I need something that is user friendly and cute. The all in ones are tempting because of less steps but I don't think that is the most cost effective way to go because I suck at selling stuff. I have a whole pile of stuff in the garage to sell through various sources. :rolleyes: Besides myself, it would also be dh and our nanny that change her diapers. She is rather skinny (although most of her pants are staying on now ;) ) with not a lot of butt. She is 27" long but only 14 pounds so sizing on a lot of things throws me off.

I do want to try. I get so excited when I see cute covers/diapers or pictures of lots of colors hanging out to dry on the line. Then I get scared of the diapers again. :eek: What do you do for a diaper pail? Do I need to rinse the diapers before I put them in?

Meh, you're helping it stay on top without me having to bump. :eek:
First off... cloth will give her a butt! hehehe

Do you want something that's user friendly for you? Or them? Cuz pockets are easy for others, but whoever washes and preps has to stuff them and un stuff them... But, as far as I'm concerned, I sell them for the same price so that doesn't help. lol
Really and truly, your cheapest option is something like Flips. Easy to wash, you will need to stuff and others can pull it off the shelf and put it right now, the prefold is held in place by the design of the cover.
Cloth diapers fit better... the elastic is real, and anything one-sized will fit her because she's not a noob or large toddler. Make sense?

My diaper pail? A large hanging diaper bag made of PUL... Seriously, once you start using cloth you will realize they don't smell as bad. The urine isn't mixing with chemicals... And since you wash every other day or so, it really doesn't smell as badly. I never rinsed first... When I threw them in the wash I ran a hot rinse cycle before the wash (then another rinse or two) but not like when I took it off... most poo (even the not hard stuff) pretty much shook off into the toilet (where it belongs, not the trash under the sink... something that never grossed me out until a month or so after starting to use cloth, all of a sudden the thought of literally throwing away poop grossed me out bad!).
Keep asking! lol Especially if I missed something you already asked.

scoutingbear

PUL? I can do carseat abbreviations, but the diaper ones have me stumped!

Flips? Is that a prefold and cover? Sold separately? I've been pointed in the direction of diaper swappers, but there are so many brands and names thrown at me that I just get confused and frustrated. :eek: And then keep on getting her 'sposies.

Since cloth is bulkier, will it still work with onesies and one piece rompers and stuff? (It might make her finally outgrow the 0-3 month onesies in her drawer though!)

I think I would prefer something that is a one size. I don't think I'll mind so much stuffing because it is a mindless activity that I can do in front of the tv. (Or teach our nanny to do. ;) )

What is the minimum to start with just to try it out? I don't want to buy a bunch and have to resell later if it just isn't working for us. (See previous post about me sucking at selling stuff.)

sb518

PUL? I can do carseat abbreviations, but the diaper ones have me stumped!

Flips? Is that a prefold and cover? Sold separately? I've been pointed in the direction of diaper swappers, but there are so many brands and names thrown at me that I just get confused and frustrated. :eek: And then keep on getting her 'sposies.

Since cloth is bulkier, will it still work with onesies and one piece rompers and stuff? (It might make her finally outgrow the 0-3 month onesies in her drawer though!)

I think I would prefer something that is a one size. I don't think I'll mind so much stuffing because it is a mindless activity that I can do in front of the tv. (Or teach our nanny to do. ;) )

What is the minimum to start with just to try it out? I don't want to buy a bunch and have to resell later if it just isn't working for us. (See previous post about me sucking at selling stuff.)

For my pail I use a garbage can and a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kissas-Antibacterial-Pail-Liner-White/dp/B0037NXP18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303881233&sr=8-1"]pail liner[/ame].

I started with prefolds and covers. Cottonbabies.com has at try-it-kit I started with that and ended up really liking it enough to put more money into it.

Or you can do something like this.

Really though, even just ordering one or two and trying them out will let you know how easy it really is. Some people use disposables when they go out, some don't. That's the fun of cloth, you can use it how and when you want!

WhatAboutPuppy

PUL is the waterproof layer, so a cover basically... Polyurethane Laminate. I'm sorry, I will keep it simpler! lol And diaper swappers is overwhelming. I've posted there a LOT and I still don't like them... They seem to be very unwilling to answer a beginners questions and I couldn't stand that.

Here's the Flips.

I like Tumble's advice...

I started with gDiapers about 3 years ago and one thing led to another and here I am... gDiapers were my gateway drug. hehehe

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC