Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eek!! Picture from One Step Ahead

I was looking for Side Riders for Charlie's car seat, and decided to see what horrible pictures I could find on the One Step Ahead website.

Well, a TON of them. Really... their website is the worst! But this one... this one!!

This is an INFANT SEAT that they have installed in the car FORWARD FACING!!

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=86211
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Eek!! Picture from One Step Ahead

Holy cow!!!!!

A FF infant seat with a suction cup toy. GREAT!!!!

I think it's an optical illusion. Not that the loosestraps and belly clip are anything to ignore.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Fanatic

Nope. Look at how the window slants. That window is slanting towards the back of the car. That seat is definitely in FF. Or in the front seat, which it can't be, because it's on the right (passenger) side of the car.
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

CPS Fanatic

I was outraged enough I dashed off an email, fwiw.

It's not a new picture, and there was a thread about it on the CPS list a year or so ago. The window thing is an optical illusion, but there are other misuse issues and even without it being an optical illusion, a better positioned picture would have prevented the confusion.
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Fanatic

Yeah, I can tell the 'moving' window is an illusion but regardless, they CREATED the illusion of the baby in a forward facing infant seat in a moving vehicle, and they should be called on the carpet for it.

THAT I agree with.
    - Denis Waitley

The harness is also threaded through the clip incorrectly...
    Jen
    CPS instructor, Military Wife to Zach and Mother of 4, ages 13 to 1yo.

CPS Fanatic

lol, we have that exact toy, but it's on a mirror in the bedroom, not in the car
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsunny1 View Post
    The harness is also threaded through the clip incorrectly...
    Yep. There are real misuse issues enough that the illusion of the FF seat isn't the most immediate issue.
    - Denis Waitley

The way the door pillar is sloped makes it look like that seat is forward facing.

Yes, FFing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
    I was outraged enough I dashed off an email, fwiw.
    Maybe they are alreading working on it. I clicked on the link and when I clicked on the "view larger image" button it said that the larger image was not available as they are working on the page.
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

Quote Originally Posted by JaRylan View Post
    Maybe they are alreading working on it. I clicked on the link and when I clicked on the "view larger image" button it said that the larger image was not available as they are working on the page.
    I"ve been getting that message no matter which item I click for a larger image. It's been happening for a few weeks now at least.

Proud Mama to:
    J-Man , 16
    Debug, 13

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I"ve been getting that message no matter which item I click for a larger image. It's been happening for a few weeks now at least.
    Dang, I clicked on the image for the larger picture of the toy and it worked but not for the image of the child in seat with toy.
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

Well, they *are* "one step ahead", who knows? Maybe Cosco will come out with a new "fabulous" FF infant car seat.
    Amanda- CRST & Mom
    J-08/01/05 & M-09/14/08

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JennasMommy View Post
    Well, they *are* "one step ahead", who knows? Maybe Cosco will come out with a new "fabulous" FF infant car seat.
    ROFLOL!!! Yes, with an electric forcefield that actuates when a crash is predicted to cradle the head from all directions

People have been complaining to OSA for *years* now...it's like they just don't care... even if it's not their pictures, you'd think they'd have enough power over the companies that sell these gadgets to get them to show proper use.... hey, at least the Taby Tray recently got a new picture!
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

The thing that I don't understand, is why they need the baby at all. Are we all stupid? I think the majority of parents can get the jist of the toy without the picture of the kid in the car seat at all! And if they don't know that you would put the suction cup on the window, (or the bathroom mirror, where it is safer anyway) then they are probably to dumb to be allowed to procreate at all!
    Amanda- CRST & Mom
    J-08/01/05 & M-09/14/08