Schwinn jogger ??

tsk_mum

Does anyone have a Schwinn jogging stroller? Which do you have & do you like it?
I am thinking of ordering one from Walmart.com:thumbsup: I'm looking for an affordable, swivel wheel.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I sell those at my work too. I have had only one return in 4 years for a defect. I sell a ton of them!

bectoo2

I have been eyeing the Free Wheeler too but no where here seems to have it in stock to try out. I hate buying and then returning if I don't like it. If you get it let me know what you think!

Becky

tsk_mum

I have been eyeing the Free Wheeler too but no where here seems to have it in stock to try out. I hate buying and then returning if I don't like it. If you get it let me know what you think!

Becky

Thats my problem too NO WHERE near me carries jogging strollers, not even Walmart and BRU has like 2 (that I dont like) & I hate not being able to try it out or see it in person first:thumbsdown:

bectoo2

I have one near me but didn't even think to look there. Maybe they'll have one in the store. Thanks for the tip. Do you work there?

solmama

Not to be the pessimist, but...We have a Schwinn single jogger with a fixed wheel. We received it as a gift when our daughter was born. We didn't really start using it until she was 6 mos., and then nearly every day. After 3 months of consistent use, the u-shaped bar that holds up the seat back wore through the canvas/plastic material at the bottom. This caused the seat to collapse. We also have friends with an In-Step single jogger (makers of Schwinn) and this happened to them as well. I contacted InStep and they sent me an entire new seat. It took about 12 screws, 30 minutes, and I had a new seat. However, that only lasted about 18 months (with more sporadic use), and it has worn through again. As a result, I would definitely inspect any Schwinn/InSport stroller before purchasing to make sure they have improved their support system. I don't know if they've reinforced/improved the base of the u-shaped support or not, but it's too much to pay for a stroller that will fall apart. If I did it again, I'd spend more on a better stroller rather than having to buy 2. Oh, well. Good luck on your stroller quest.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Can you send a pic of the problem? I like to be informed on all products I carry. I haven't had any problems and I have carried them for almost five years. But I certainly don't want to lie to my customers!

bectoo2

Hi Judi,

It's good to know. I thought I remembered reading in one of your other posts that you worked there but I wasn't sure if I was mixing you up with some one else. I've heard good reviews on the Free Wheeler. I really need something to get me through this summer and next. Hopefully the summer after that we'll have another baby and then I'll be in the market for a double. Before I had a baby I thought people who had a bunch of strollers were crazy and now I'm turning into one! :D

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Anyone have this one??
Schwinn Deluxe Free Wheeler Sport Jogging Stroller
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4532493

I have the double version of that stroller. I love it! My girls are 2.5 years apart, oldest is 42 lbs/43 inches and still loves to ride in this. I put a small pillow behind her head though because the back of the seat isn't tall enough for her head if she sleeps, but she's a long torsoed kid.

The frame is aluminum, which makes it lighter than most. The swivel wheel is great - but you probably already knew that since you want one. Since it's a double it takes up the entire cargo area of my car, but the wheels pop on and off very easily and then it takes less space.

It has great storage with the basket, zippered pockets behind the seat and I always stash stuff in the area behind their heads when the seats are upright too. The canopy gives really good coverage too.

bectoo2

I went to the Burlington Coat Factory by me today and they don't have it. :( Oh well, after research online I may just go ahead and get it and hope for the best.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I got mine online. I think the site was runnersgear.com or something like that. I got it in the fall of 2006 and they'd just come out, so it was a risk. I'd never seen one in person, but I am very pleased with it. We mostly use it for walks around the neighborhood, but I wanted something that I could take to county fairs and on the trails in the state parks. It's great for that. I don't run, so I have no use for a true jogging stroller. I wanted more of an "all terrain" stroller and that's really what this one is.

I had a Graco Duoglider before this and it was almost impossible to steer that thing on my road because is slopes off to one side in some areas and I was constantly fighting with it to stay on the pavement. I couldn't believe how much easier the schwinn was to steer. Of course that was also the difference between a side by side and front/back double, but I could literally steer it with two fingers!

bectoo2

I had ordered the Schwinn Deluxe Free Wheeler from returnsforsale.com. I just received it today and it looks awesome! I haven't taken it for a test drive as it's rainy today :(. But, I have looked everywhere for a defect and the only thing I can find is a place on the foot tray where there should be a sticker and there isn't one. Also, there was no child tray included so I called Schwinn and they are mailing it out on Monday free of charge. I think the website still has one in stock!

Good luck!
Becky

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have been looking at that for the campground ,does it have suspension?

I hope the sun shines soon so you can enjoy it!

bectoo2

Thanks. I've actually gotten to use a few times now and it is great. My only comparison is to an old, very used Graco something-or-other and the umbrella stroller I have been using. It handles well on the bumpy sidewalks in this area and the grass where the sidewalk has ended.

Good luck to you!
Becky

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC