Which Radian cover do you like, and why?

Please vote if you own it and LIKE the actual material (feel, wear & tear, dirt factor), not the

• Shadow

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Bentley

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Eclipse, Sport, Nitro, or the old Supercool (mesh material)

• Flora

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Petal

• Ventura

• Metro

• Primrose (used to be Princess??)

• Total voters
If you have Shadow, or have seen it in person, PLEASE comment on your thoughts on it, as well as post close up pictures if you have any!

I tried to post this poll with my question about XT vs regular Radian found here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=168513: but it timed out before I could add it. These are on sale until the end of the month, and I need help choosing a new pattern.

I currently own 5 of these seats and have the Supercool (mesh, now Sport I believe), Manhatten? (dark grey and black velour plush), Granite from a 65. I honestly don't love any of them for varying reasons. Mostly the Supercool because of fading and the mesh getting mucked up, plus trapping crumbs (although it's not horrible, just doesn't wear as well as I'd like), and the Manhatten for the top velour rubbing completely off and not due to rear-facing. But, I'll admit that the fading is worse from the seats that are in my husband's car with no window tinting, than they are in my suburban with tint in the back. I am also considering making some sun covers out of old towels to place over the seats in his car when not in use and to keep them cooler when parked.

My first choice, I think, would be Shadow. But it's newer and I can't find hardly any reviews on it, or any good up close pictures. It appears to be a totally different material than the patterns I have. But is it soft and will it wear well? I might consider Bentley as well if it's the same material as the old 65 granite, since tan won't look as icky if it fades.

So, please post with any comments on covers as well as pictures if you have them of Shadow, or any of the other newer patterns, especially how they look after time, and whether they've faded.

Last edited:
ADS

leighi123

I have 3 covers, and I like flora the best, and nitro second best (although I wish it didnt have white piping). Bently we only have because its the same color as the interior of my dad's car, and therefore he leaves it in there instead of me having to take it in and out.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, so I have (or have had):
granite x 2
Flora
Ventura
Supercool (mesh on an old 80)
Nitro

So, out of those I voted for Flora and Ventura (based on fabric alone - I actually prefer the supercool BECAUSE it's cool, but the fabric is annoying, so I didn't vote for it) The mesh does fuzz, and that's annoying as all hell. Honestly, I hate all the covers that have the black velour on the outside (oh wait! that's all of them, lol :rolleyes:) because they rub off really easily. I actually had a new cover sent to me because the corners became threadbare within a month (during RFing, not coming into any contact with the vehicle seat).

The granite I have the least issue with, except that they're old and dirty looking now (but then, they are both nearly 5 years old). One's really faded on the top from when it was RF in DH's F150 (so pretty much direct sunlight).

I :love: Flora. I miss it. (DH was REALLY against DS in the 'girly seat' :rolleyes: and he coveted the Nitro, so I traded (even though it's mesh, AND has those damn black-rubbing-off sides)

christineka

Apparently, I only like the more feminine covers. (Not saying they are only for girls, though.) I wish they'd make a nice blue cover. (Again) I like blue.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I've got flora, petals and eclipse. Is vote for petals, its so much prettier IRL. I do still love flora though. I wish they'd come up with some new covers. Im about to order a new one and want something different.

Holly

I've had champaigne and manhattan. I really like the suede feel of the champaign but the color wasn't my favorite, I have a car with tan interior and I think the grey granite cover would have been nicer, but really they feel the same, so it's not really an issue.
I LOVED my manhattan covers. I had two of them. I love that plush texture, and they looked very nice in my car too. I ended up selling them to get girly covers for my dd's.

I now have the Flora and the petal. I love them both! I love the feel and the colors. The only thing I don't like about them is the piping. it's kind of snaggy and there are a few loose threads from it. Eventually I'll probably have to fix it. I don't remember there being piping on my other covers.

Which one is the new cover that looks a lot like a britax onyx cover? Shadow? Eclipse?
Whichever it is, I LOVE the look of that, and I'd like to try it someday. No experience with it though.

I don't really have much experience with the fading or longevity of my girly covers yet. I got them both in January but they were both used. They both LOOK fabulous still. I have washed them once since I got them. They look very nice.

My champaign never had any problems. One of my manhattan covers got a tiny sun fade spot on the top side where the sun shone in from the window last summer. Not really that huge of a deal though.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I have the Bentley cover for my son. It's plush and feels soft and comfy. It doesn't look dirty or faded (we've been using it for a little over a year now). I love it, though I do wish they offered the same cover in blue or green. The beige is a little on the boring side.

glockchick

For texture I like the plush covers for winter and mesh for summer.

I really don't like any of the color/print choices. The nitro is ok. At least it's got some color for a boy. I'm with y'all. I'd love a blue like the Britax Maui Blue. :love:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Is the mesh more breathable? I would hope so, but haven't always found that to be true on other seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org ~ please disregard typos!

Is the mesh more breathable? I would hope so, but haven't always found that to be true on other seats.

I've heard mixed reviews on that. Some even say it's more sweaty than the others. I think Manhattan and the other plush covers are probably the warmest. The one thing to consider though on the mesh, is that if there is any fraying, it gets pretty rough to the touch and my son didn't like his bare summer thighs on it. I would guess if you put kids in ever with just diapers (I plead the 5th) on a frayed seat they wouldn't like it. But only two of my mesh seats have fraying. I think both were from rear facing days with velcro shoes. So you could always quickly pop the shoes off in the car to prevent fraying. I just think overall, it's not very soft. Even without fraying.

--Stephanie

firemomof3

I like the shadow cover the best. Its so easy to keep clean and its a really nice material. I have had Flora, Nitro and Ventura and Shadow has been the best :love:

Laurelz

I had the "supercool" which was all grey and recently bought the "sport" which is grey with the black outer lining. I LOVE the sport! The black looks sleek and stylish to me. :)

I prefer the mesh. I'm one of the few I think. I don't mind it, never had a problem with it snagging or what have you. My boys didn't care either. It's very breathable. My kids get hot in their car seats even in the winter time.

amyd

I have Flora & Nitro. I like the feel of the Flora best, but the colour of Nitro so it's in my car more often (two covers, 1 seat). Both have held up well, even though I wash them frequently. I've had both for over a year now.

I like the shadow cover the best. Its so easy to keep clean and its a really nice material. I have had Flora, Nitro and Ventura and Shadow has been the best :love:

Does the shadow look like one that will hold up for a long time? How long have you had it? And is it more of a cotton feel, or polyester/nylon feel.

If you could take some pics to post that would be AWESOME!

THanks,
Stephanie

glockchick

I tested that theory out today with my kiddos. It's 94 degrees here and we've been in and out of the car all day. The mesh is definitely cooler than Bentley and Ventura that we had before. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC