DD1 in the Harmony Dreamtime

Holly

I got the new cow boosters today for Judi and Genevieve since there is no Sam's club in Oregon. They gave me permission to open the box and play with the seats before sending, because I was thinking about getting one myself too.

Hannah will be 6 in July and she is just about 40 lbs and about 42-44 inches tall.
She wears 5 slim pants, small shirts (or 5 to 6).
I wanted to see if the dreamtime would fit in the middle between the RA50 RF and the RN FF. Next to the RA50 gives a space to reach in to buckle, since the base is not as wide as the sides.

The dreamtime barely fit, but I had to wedge it between the two seats first.
I didn't adjust the height, just tried it how it was out of the box, so I'm not sure if it was fitting her right, at least in the head rest area.
I'm not an expert, but the belt seemed to fit, right?

It wasn't the easiest to buckle. I did it from the front seat. With the booster in the middle, I have further to reach to help her. She can't buckle any booster by herself yet, but she also doesn't like to try anything that she thinks is hard and she gives up (Doesn't try to buckle or unbuckle her radian even though her younger sister can do both, doesn't try to ride without training wheels even though she can, etc) so for a kid who is used to buckling up, it may be pretty easy to do. There is good space to do it, but you can't put your hand over the armrest to reach down, just inbetween the seats, so maybe that would be hard.

Either way, I think it's scratched off my list. She'll continue to stay in her radian for now.

Pics:

April2011124.jpg

April2011125.jpg

What do you think of that fit on her?

ADS

momtotwogirls

Looks pretty good but the headrest needs to come up some. The belt guides should be centered between the shoulder and ears :)

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the pics. The fit looks good to me. If you did use it the headrest would need to be moved up.

I'm hoping to get one of these tomorrow.

Holly

Looks pretty good but the headrest needs to come up some. The belt guides should be centered between the shoulder and ears :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just didn't want to adjust anything since I had to fit everything right back in the box to ship it.
The fit of the lap belt looks good though, right?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Your DD is about the same size as my DD, only a couple pounds heavier. I'm SERIOUSLY coveting this booster, I have to say.

The shirt she's wearing (TCP right?) is it a XS (4) or a S (5/6)? DD has the same shirt (in a dif color) so that would help me personally lol (yeah, how clothes fit is my only way of judging size, lol).

The No EPS is the only thing holding me back, I swear.

Holly

Your DD is about the same size as my DD, only a couple pounds heavier. I'm SERIOUSLY coveting this booster, I have to say.

The shirt she's wearing (TCP right?) is it a XS (4) or a S (5/6)? DD has the same shirt (in a dif color) so that would help me personally lol (yeah, how clothes fit is my only way of judging size, lol).

The No EPS is the only thing holding me back, I swear.

Yes, it's a TCP shirt. It's a size S (5/6). She has the pink, purple, and blue and they are her favorite shirts!

Holly

So I don't get any kid prints on my seat? Where do I rate? ;)

The literider? I didn't try her in that. I'll go take a pic just for you. I'm about to tape up the box and put your address on it, and the literider is right on top where I can pull it out quick and get it in easy. BRB with pics.

Holly

So I don't get any kid prints on my seat? Where do I rate? ;)

Here you go, just for you!
Seeing her in just this seat freaks me out, btw, and she LOVES it!
She begged me to keep it. :rolleyes:
The blue fabric behind her is a thin piece of fleece that I hang for Josh's seat so his feet don't get the vehicle seat dirty. I made it long enough to go behind Hannah's seat because when it's not, he pulls it with his feet and messes it up.

April2011128.jpg

April2011129.jpg

The belt kind of bunches here, there is no way to stop it. Is that ok?

April2011131.jpg

April2011132.jpg

Without kid:

April2011135.jpg

April2011136.jpg

It's on it's way to you right now.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Even as young/small as she is, the belt fit is pretty good. This is why I recommend the Literider all the time. If people are going to buy a backless anyway, I'd rather them get this one than one that may not fit as well (or that they won't put screws in).
I do like that pattern. Maybe, just maybe I need one. My PW is expiring later this summer. Hmmmm......need to convince dh. He could have matching boosters in his car.

Kat_Momof3

the belt guide is more important... it does look like it might need to come up... I"m just not sure... I've seen that the belt guides are higher in regards to the headrest than others... so the headrest position doesn't worry me.

I think it might fit between two radians better than between those two other seats... but after seeing ketchupqueen's acccident and all, I vote for keeping ones who easily fit in a seat harnessed that way. if she were outgrowing the radian, I wouldn't be saying get a frontier or anything... but she fits in the seat you have (which is a tall seat that gets the average kid to booster ready age) and so I vote to keep her there a bit longer.

but when she DOES move...I would still consider the dreamtime... so I'd try it between two radians while you can... see how well it does.

I LOVE how she fits in the literider, too... but I agree, kind of scary at her size. tell her she can have one (maybe in pink leopard or one of the new prints coming out in July) when she's MUCH older... like.... 10.

Holly

the belt guide is more important... it does look like it might need to come up... I"m just not sure... I've seen that the belt guides are higher in regards to the headrest than others... so the headrest position doesn't worry me.

I think it might fit between two radians better than between those two other seats... but after seeing ketchupqueen's acccident and all, I vote for keeping ones who easily fit in a seat harnessed that way. if she were outgrowing the radian, I wouldn't be saying get a frontier or anything... but she fits in the seat you have (which is a tall seat that gets the average kid to booster ready age) and so I vote to keep her there a bit longer.

but when she DOES move...I would still consider the dreamtime... so I'd try it between two radians while you can... see how well it does.

I think if it were between two radians, it would be back to that same problem of being difficult to buckle, because of the arm rests. I thought it could be easier next to the RA50 because of the space to put your hand inbetween the two seats. Next to a radian would not have any space to do that, so it would be back to the needing a booster with flip up arm rests again.
I don't mind keeping her harnessed longer, it is so much easier and faster to get her in. She would prefer a booster, but since she is not the one buckling in and getting out (since she refuses to try because it's hard :rolleyes: ) then I'm sticking with what is easier, and makes me more comfortable too. I think she'd do well sitting in one, and she has every time she has used the TB, but I'm still a little more at ease with her harnessed for now.
Plus, if she were between 2 radians, Josh would need to be FF because I can't rf the radian outboard, it takes up too much room and the front seats can't be comfy, but also we have advanced airbags so it can't touch the front seat.
I think we'll revisit the booster idea when either Josh turns FF, Hannah outgrows the radian, or we get a van, whichever comes first.

Mommy0608

Just had to say your DD is adorable! I love her hair! :love:

I agree though, that's a very nice belt fit on the literider. I think this one will be my go-to recommendation for a backless.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Thanks for the pics! Ninja is just a little bit bigger than Hannah so I'm happy to know he'll probably have a good fit too. I'll have mine next to a RA50 as well (cowmoo, too!), but I've got more space than you do so I'm not too concerned about the buckling issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC