I bought an MT (breathe... breathe... )

KaiLing

I did it. I bought it. I dithered so long I lost a 30 euro discount. I entered the credit card information, I paid $100+ for shipping to the US, but I did it. I bought it.

My kid's the largest ever, so I know this makes sense--he's edging out of his Radian XT before 2 and a half, which doesn't really fit well in the Mazda anyway. But I needed to share. Phew.

(On second thought, maybe I should have bought it at night so I could have a glass of wine?!)

ADS

scariestone

I amazingly didn't feel like I was going to have a heart attack when I finally bought ours. I felt completely at peace because it was a decision I struggled with for a while because of DH's bi$#@ing. When he found out I ordered it he was miffed for an hour then got over it. DS loves his "cow seat" and thinks the chest pads look like train tracks so he couldn't be happier. Plus, compared to the radian its downright light, no joke. Don't worry, you'll be really happy with it. The only thing I don't like is the puzzle buckle but I know I'll get used to it. BTW you can have a glass of wine in the morning, we won't judge. ;)

hrice

You will love it. It truly is an awesome seat. There is a bit of a learning curve with installation so feel free to come back with questions.

KaiLing

Thanks! It is going to be OK. Some people spend horrendous amounts of money on strollers and cribs and fancy toys, right? I'm just putting that money toward this. And I can't walk through the door at the dentist without spending $200, and spines are more important than teeth, right?

I'm afraid he'll hate it, but he's a pretty easy going guy. Also those seat belt lock offs look great and nothing could possibly be a worse fit for the Mazda than the Radian.

laccaycol

What mazda do you have? i installed mine in a mazda5 with no problems at all very easy and my two way is in my ex's mazda3 no problems.

KaiLing

So what pattern did you order? :whistle:

The black and grey, Felix. I let the kid look at them on line and he liked them all, so I went for something boring. I liked the cow but didn't want to be stuck with a 4 year old who wouldn't use it down the line.

And it's a 2005 Mazda 3. It'll have to be behind the passenger seat since the husband is 6'9" and we have to move the driver's seat a lot. The Radian just doesn't work there without bracing, and I can't figure bracing out. But if you've got a TWE in a Mazda 3, it's braced, right? Do you not have advanced airbags? Or do you only let heavy people sit in front? I would have bought the TWE just for the price difference, but DH doesn't want to mess with airbags, and I can't argue with that.

KaiLing

(Oh, duh, you just brace a TWE behind the driver's seat. I keep forgetting that not everyone is insanely tall.)

laccaycol

The Mazda 3 is my ex's car so its behind the passanger seat and nobody really rides in his passanger seat. So its not an issue but i think he has it forward facing now. (our son is 4 1/2 now).He got the mazda 3 after we split so i didnt get to really play around with the seats in it. Just the Two way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC