Memorial Day

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Memorial Day . . . can you tell me about it?! What is it, what do you do etc.

Remember I am in Canada and don't really know anything about Memorial Day,
that's why i'm asking :D

ADS

mominabigtruck

I don't know what "normal" people do but I garage sale. Where my aunt lives they have a town wide garage sale so we go there, which is perfect because I drop my stuff off the night before so when I get there in the morning I already have money to spend and I walk around all day and keep taking the stuff I buy back to my aunt's house and picking up more money as I sell stuff.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Memorial Day . . . can you tell me about it?! What is it, what do you do etc.

Remember I am in Canada and don't really know anything about Memorial Day,
that's why i'm asking :D

Here's come really good info about it.
http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

We usually have a cookout, set up the pool, hang out the flag and begin to wear white! lol
The wearing of white pants or shoes after Memorial day ( but only until Labor Day) is a "southern" thing. lol

all together ooky

Usually we go to a memorial service in a cemetery that honors all the American Veterans buried/interred there. This year my church is doing it on Saturday and there is a church service and then a short service by the flagpole to honor the vets including the playing of "Taps". Afterwards there is an icecream social.

The rest of the weekend we'll probably have a BBQ or get together with friends. Maybe do a little furniture shopping...:rolleyes:

LuvBug

we do the same stuff as on the 4th of July(usually festive cookout at the pool/lake) but without the fireworks. Around here fireworks are for the 4th and New Years only.

Melizerd

We usually do a family function, grilling etc.

The REAL reason for the holiday though is to commemorate the men and women who have died in service to our country.

Michi

Although the day is originally to 'remember' fallen veterans, we also 'remember' our other loved ones who have passed on. My family goes to the cemetery to plant flowers on the graves of our my mother and grandmother.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
So do stores close? He in our town, almost everything is closed on Sunday's and holiday's.

We are going to Grand Forks next weekend and i'm just wondering what to expect :confused: I looked at their website but couldn't find any parades or anything.

Yoshi

Small community parade, war veteran remembrance ceremony at the local monument/park- followed by a cookout and DD's birthday party usually falls sometime during the weekend. Most stores are open- it's a big shopping weekend- but we abstain from that aspect,LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC