Does anyone have pictures of a kid RF in the Marathon65 and Marathon70?

oxeye

I can't find anything by searching but I'm curious if anyone has done a direct comparison of a kid RF in a Marathon 65 and Marathon 70? I know the shell is shorter on the 70 but I'd love to see it in pictures, preferably with a kid around 2-ish years old but I'd love to see any pics!

I'm trying to decide if the 70 is worth buying for my DS who is about to outgrow the Marathon 65 by weight RF.

ADS

monstah

I have a MA70 and a RA50. I can get pictures after breakfast if no other ones are found by then.
The MA70 is shockingly (imo) shorter than the RA50.

jjordan

When I tried my dd in both, she had the same amount of (height) growing room RF. But I don't think I have pictures, sorry!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Darren and some of the mods did a whole bunch of pics when the MA70 came out last summer. They're here somewhere and some are also on the blog.

christi2705

I'll try to get some pictures for you. DD just turned 4 and still has plenty of room in both the 65 and 70 rf'ing. But she is really small for her age...almost 37", 26 lbs, and 12.5" torso.

christineka

When I was cow shopping I tried my 6 year old in both. She's outgrown the 70 rf by quite a bit, but only by a smidge on the classic.

monstah

DD1 - 36.5 pounds, 3.5 years 36" tall 14" torso
Hate-2.jpg
2-1.jpg

DD2 - 27 pounds, 22 months old 32" tall 12.5" torso (doesn't wear diapers)
33-1.jpg
1-1.jpg

Took these for you oxeye. :p

The RA50 was already installed so I snapped a pic of each of them then took it out, installed the MA70 and put them both back in.
They aren't buckled in any of the pictures. They are both sitting back as if I was going to buckle them in and they both have their heads turned & at the same angle for both pics. (I know you can't tell because I erased their faces. :p) So this should be a very accurate comparison.

Last edited:

katiesmommy

That's a pretty significant difference, I wonder what they were thinking when they made the shell heights shorter and raised the weight limits.

christineka

That's a pretty significant difference, I wonder what they were thinking when they made the shell heights shorter and raised the weight limits.

They wanted to make seats that fit better into smaller cars so that people were more likely to rf past 1 year.

katiesmommy

Personally I never had an issue with the classic in my tiny neon, but I guess if that's what they were thinking. Still seems crazy to me.

Mom2FiveGirls

I don't have pictures of my DD in the classic because I don't have one, but from trying her out in one in stores, I swear she has just about the same amount of room. When I just sat her in the MA70 it didn't look like she had as much, but installed, she has plenty of growing room.

oxeye

Awesome thanks for the pics. I will be giving rep once I'm on my computer (I don't know how on the iPhone app).

My DS looks just a little bigger than your DS tracee. It might be borderline worth buying. I think I'll have to take a trip to Babies R Us and do a comparison.

I wish my Multi Tech installed better in my second row!! I'm starting to hate my van.

oxeye

monstah said:
DD1 - 36.5 pounds, 3.5 years 36" tall 14" torso

DD2 - 27 pounds, 22 months old 32" tall 12.5" torso (doesn't wear diapers)

Took these for you oxeye. :p

The RA50 was already installed so I snapped a pic of each of them then took it out, installed the MA70 and put them both back in.
They aren't buckled in any of the pictures. They are both sitting back as if I was going to buckle them in and they both have their heads turned & at the same angle for both pics. (I know you can't tell because I erased their faces. :p) So this should be a very accurate comparison.

Thanks Monstah!! I appreciate you doing that for me.

tracee877

Awesome thanks for the pics. I will be giving rep once I'm on my computer (I don't know how on the iPhone app).

My DS looks just a little bigger than your DS tracee. It might be borderline worth buying. I think I'll have to take a trip to Babies R Us and do a comparison.

I wish my Multi Tech installed better in my second row!! I'm starting to hate my van.

He is 2.5, 29lbs and 36", not sure on torso but he's leggy. I am about to buy a RA55 to turn him back RF. I'm hoping he can make it to at least 3 in it.

oxeye

He is 2.5, 29lbs and 36", not sure on torso but he's leggy. I am about to buy a RA55 to turn him back RF. I'm hoping he can make it to at least 3 in it.

Definitely pretty close in size - my DS is 26 months, 31 pounds, and 34.5" but a little more torso than leg.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC