Comparison pics of Frontier 85, Radian 80SL, Nautilus, & My Ride 65

Angela

Since I had all my seats out today, I thought I'd get a few comparison shots. I was mostly looking at where L's shoulder's hit for harness height. He's 47" tall, 17" torso, 60lbs, and 5.75 years old. All are on the highest harness slot.

Frontier 85 (his usual seat) sorry for the bad picture.

DSCF1290.jpg

DSCF1292.jpg

Nautilus

DSCF1299.jpg

DSCF1298.jpg

My Ride 65 - he's right above the top harness

DSCF1294.jpg

DSCF1293.jpg

Radian 80SL

DSCF1306.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

I also measured how much room he has from the top of his ear and the top of the shell - so he has 4" until his ears are above or 5" in torso height before it's outgrown.

DSCF1304.jpg

ADS

Angela

Wow!! Great photos. Did u find a home for ur GN? It looks nice.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

My friend with the new baby is going to take it (no it's not for the baby). We just have to find a boy/gender neutral cover for it. I'm surprised L still has some room in it.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thank you for sharing. I have a Radian 80sl so it's nice to see the difference between that and the FR85.

scoutingbear

My friend with the new baby is going to take it (no it's not for the baby). We just have to find a boy/gender neutral cover for it. I'm surprised L still has some room in it.

With the GN, I have noticed that there is a lot of lost space once it is installed. :cool: Uninstalled, C has tons of room and would be on the 2nd to top slot. Once it is installed, he loses about an inch and is almost even at the top harness slot.

Baylor

Awesome pictures. I was amazed that the MR is supposed to be 65lbs harnessed but it's top slots are too low for my 3 yr old.

The GN lost some height when installed on my 3rd row bench but in the middle, I gain harness height.
Thanks so much for the pictures!

Angela

With the GN, I have noticed that there is a lot of lost space once it is installed. :cool: Uninstalled, C has tons of room and would be on the 2nd to top slot. Once it is installed, he loses about an inch and is almost even at the top harness slot.

I should've checked him when I had it installed this morning. I was having a playdate with a soon-to-be tech and was just showing her how it should fit, I didn't think to actually look to see how much room he had still. :doh: Good thing to know though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC