ISO Boots (roper, cowboy-ish?...) Toddler (9) size 9

menfusse

ISO Boots (roper, cowboy-ish?...) Toddler size 9

E starting riding "therapy" today. I quote because they aren't a registered hipotherapy place, but they do private sessions for kids with special needs. They are actually a ministry. As expected, E was amazing. She talked and interacted. The director of the program is so smitten with her, he wants to have her do something special in their "Leap of Faith Rodeo" next month :love: She's beside herself with joy at the idea of being in a rodeo.

Anyway, she really wants some boots. The only thing I could find around here (in my price range) in her size were some traditional cowboy boots, with the pointy toes. They were really stiff fake leather too. She couldn't deal with them. We tried some other's on, that were sort of a plain boot, kind of a cross between a cowboy and work boot. Much softer and more rounded toe, but they didn't go smaller than an 11. Just way too big.

Soooo, I'm looking for a size 9, in some kind of boot that would be good for an awesome little horse riding critter like E. Well loved is fine, as long as there aren't like holes or anything. We have a store that has a big selection of all kinds of nice boots, but nothing under $60 bucks :eek:. I just can't do that as much as I'd like to.

So, if you have anything you think might fit the bill, I'd love to see it. She needs to approve as well, lol. Like I said, well loved is fine if it's an expensive boot, because I can't pay a ton.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

Mom2three

I just picked up a pair of ropers for my DD from a truck stop when we were traveling. They were $25 on clearance. I know that I have a pair of 8's that ran big, but they are the pointy toed ones. I will look in DDs closet tonight and see what she has in the fat baby style. We might have a pair that would work.

Our farm supply store sells some Old West ones with a rounded toe and a flexible sole for about $33. I am headed into town today and can see what they have if you want.

menfusse

I just picked up a pair of ropers for my DD from a truck stop when we were traveling. They were $25 on clearance. I know that I have a pair of 8's that ran big, but they are the pointy toed ones. I will look in DDs closet tonight and see what she has in the fat baby style. We might have a pair that would work.

Our farm supply store sells some Old West ones with a rounded toe and a flexible sole for about $33. I am headed into town today and can see what they have if you want.

That would be awesome! Thanks. I can go $35 I think, but we just got back from another store and she tried on some wellington style boots, Georgia brand and John Deere brand. She was a 9 in both, and said the Georgia were very comfy. The leather was well oiled and very soft already. BUT...they were $70 bucks. Um, no thanks. But I think that style would probably be the best for her in terms of comfort.
This is what she tried on. http://www.bootbarn.com/Georgia-Inf...1&cgid=Casual Boots&prefn1=gender&prefv1=Kids I also think a regular cowboy boot with a round or more squared toe would be fine too, as long as the leather was soft.

Thanks. If anybody else has anything, a good broken in pair would be nice. She won't be doing walking in them, so I'm not so worried about the foot issues of wearing some other kids well worn shoes, lol.

J-max

CPST Instructor
Umm, we own WAY to many pairs of boots :) Are you looking for a little kids 9? My kids have giant feet and my 3 year old wears an 11. I will go through the boots this afternoon and see what I can come up with. Are her feet more wide or more narrow? I think we might have a pair of the green/brown John Deere boots in a 10 and possibly some pink boots in that size.

menfusse

Umm, we own WAY to many pairs of boots :) Are you looking for a little kids 9? My kids have giant feet and my 3 year old wears an 11. I will go through the boots this afternoon and see what I can come up with. Are her feet more wide or more narrow? I think we might have a pair of the green/brown John Deere boots in a 10 and possibly some pink boots in that size.

Yup, little kids/toddler size 9. Her feet are not wide at all, but she may be getting some AFO's soon (braces) and now that I think of it, sizing up to a 10 or at least a wide would be good. But, I'll take a 9 as well, because I think it takes awhile for those to get done, and we don't even know for sure until Monday. Soooo...she'll need something in the mean time.

I appreciate you looking! E says no pink though, lol. I'm not sure why, since it's her new favorite color, but I pointed them out to her at the store earlier and she said no, lol.

solmama

http://www.fortwestern.com/store/cowboy-boots/414029/
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/338,3266C_Ariat-ProBaby-Boots-For-Kids-and-Youth.html

Sierra Trading also has a few other pairs of cowboy boots on sale in her size-didn't want to link them all. Sierra Trading post often has promo codes-one that will save you the cost of shipping: ALVAPRIL1

Fatwallet has an ongoing thread with codes that often save a % off @ Sierra Trading, PLUS free shipping http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/243140/?start=6280 )

monstah

Zulily has John Deere boots on sale right now starting around $22. Of course, shipping takes forever but figured it was worth a mention anyway. If you need an invite code, feel free to PM me.

ETA: N/M, just checked and sizes 9-10 are $45+ shipping. :(

menfusse

Zulily has John Deere boots on sale right now starting around $22. Of course, shipping takes forever but figured it was worth a mention anyway. If you need an invite code, feel free to PM me.

ETA: N/M, just checked and sizes 9-10 are $45+ shipping. :(

Oh well, thanks for trying anyway. I'm kind of hoping that somebody here will have a pair good and broken in, then I can scrounge up enough money to get her some new/pretty ones for the rodeo.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
menfusse said:
Oh well, thanks for trying anyway. I'm kind of hoping that somebody here will have a pair good and broken in, then I can scrounge up enough money to get her some new/pretty ones for the rodeo.

I have a pair of Ropers you can have for shipping if you want them, but they are a kids size 3 or 4. If you want them for later though, let me know.

I've pared iso boots here several times and never gotten any hits. Maybe try CL and thrift stores in the more rural areas.

menfusse

Thanks for the offer, but she's likely gonna be in middle school before she hits that size, lol. I'd never keep up with them. I didn't think of craigs list. We don't have a local one, but maybe somebody would ship. I've been checking ebay, but nothing really catching either of our eyes.

Mom2three

The store in town didn't have any 9s left, but I am going into a bigger town tomorrow that has the same store. I will check there too.
I'm not coming up with any size 9s in DDs closet either. But I will keep my eyes open.

vamom

Have you looked at paddock or jodpher boots at all? They come in lace up or zip up. They are what english style riders wear, but they also cross over for many folks. We had a pair of justin ones that looked more western -y. I will look in town too. I see kids in cowboy boots all the time.

I know I have a pair of girls boots from sears that looked like paddock boots to me. They were very small and on clearance cheap, so I snagged them for ds. He was maybe 3 (but had /has big feet)? Never used them. I wanted something with a heel that he could wear riding and to some shows. I will do some diggibg this weekend and see if I can find them.

menfusse

Have you looked at paddock or jodpher boots at all? They come in lace up or zip up. They are what english style riders wear, but they also cross over for many folks. We had a pair of justin ones that looked more western -y. I will look in town too. I see kids in cowboy boots all the time.

I know I have a pair of girls boots from sears that looked like paddock boots to me. They were very small and on clearance cheap, so I snagged them for ds. He was maybe 3 (but had /has big feet)? Never used them. I wanted something with a heel that he could wear riding and to some shows. I will do some diggibg this weekend and see if I can find them.

Thanks. I'd appreciate it. Those are actually what I had in mind to begin with it, but she wants a more traditional "cowboy" boot. There is a store about a half hour from here that we are going to take her to today, to see what they might have. She picked out those while I was looking online, (the ones I linked above), but I told her we need to look some more and she's good with it. That store will exhaust my local options though, if they don't have anything. They do have very good clearance prices and selection though, so I'm hopeful. But I won't be buying anything today even if we find something, so I'd love to see if you find anything :).

mamajava

Senior Community Member
We have a pair of Ropers that the girls just outgrew. They are a size 9 or 10 I believe. They are pink and brown and they light up. Let me find them and get a picture of them for you!

J-max

CPST Instructor
OK, I did not find any 9s, but I did find some 10s and 11s :) The 10s look similar to the pair from Cavenders you posted, except they are 2 tone brown brown, not orange. The 11s are a knock off Justin Roper that are a dark purplish brown. I am thinking $25 for the brown ones (they are better boots in good condition) and $10 for the ropers, but make me an offer if you need them cheaper :) Let me know if you want pictures

menfusse

OK, I did not find any 9s, but I did find some 10s and 11s :) The 10s look similar to the pair from Cavenders you posted, except they are 2 tone brown brown, not orange. The 11s are a knock off Justin Roper that are a dark purplish brown. I am thinking $25 for the brown ones (they are better boots in good condition) and $10 for the ropers, but make me an offer if you need them cheaper :) Let me know if you want pictures

I think the 11's would be way too big. We may could get by with the 10's and thick socks. Let me see pics of the 10's if you don't mind and I'll show them to E :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC