FF height- TF, RN

NannyMom

Sofi has about 1 inch to grow in the True Fit forward facing. I'm considering what seat comes next. I'm thinking about selling the TFP (I have a friend lined up) and getting a Radian. For me, The Radian is FF only in my van. I would be nice to have it for 3 across possibilities in my 3rd row (Cargo, CA, Radian). So, is the Radian a good idea?

ADS

christineka

Well, in my van, installed, my ds1 has outgrown the tfp, but he still fits with his shoulders a tad under the top radian slots. I think due to the arb (which folds under the seat) that the tfp might install more reclined ffing than the true fit. I haven't actually compared with a tf, though. It's just a theory I have due to how other kids reportedly fit in the seat.

NannyMom

I have a local friend with a RN. I'll have to get her to let me try it in the van to compare height. I'm pretty sure A and J both fit in the RN even when they didn't in the TF.

I do have a CA that I could use if I needed a RF seat. But I don't like how it installs FF in 2nd row center. So I'm not worried about loosing RF capabilities (RN is a FF only seat to me).

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you're not looking for RF, why don't you try a Nautilus or Frontier 85?

NannyMom

If you're not looking for RF, why don't you try a Nautilus or Frontier 85?

I have 3 Nautili already in other vehicles. I'm not a huge fan of the head slump for her primary ride....and... variety is nice ;) I would :love: a Frontier, but I'm not sure how well it would install on my center 2nd row seat. AND... I'd like to have the Radian for 3 across possibilities in my 3rd row. Sofi has 1-2 more years until she can be boostered (she's only 33-34 pounds at 4.5yrs). So I'll worry about boosters when that time comes.

NannyMom

So I tried it today and the Radian fits in the 3 across in my 3rd row (Cargo, Complete Air, Radian). And Sofi looks to have the same growing room in the Radian as she does in the TFP. She's just above the 2nd to top slots on both seats. Tell me it's a good choice? I :love::love::love: my TFP. Even more so now that it has a Monet cover again :eek: But it would make more sense to have a seat that would fit in my 3 across if I ever needed to do it again, right? Sofi can use it in the 2nd row for her every day seat, and I can put it in the 3rd row when needed (and she would use the cargo in the 3 across). If my friend is still going to buy the TFP, I will get more than I need to buy the Radian, so I won't be out any money. The only thing I'm loosing is a seat with abilities to RF (the Radian is pretty much FF only for me), but I have a SR32, 2 Titans, and a Complete Air.

I think I probably went through this when I sold my My Ride because I :love: That seat too. But something had to go, and that gave Sofi the least growing room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC