Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Recaro Expiration???

Okay so I know that the boosters don't expire, right??

What about the harnessed seats? Convertibles? Do they never expire as well??? I'm curious about this, it's been bugging me.

Thanks.
    Ali and Sadi born 2003 - 5 stepping
    Kai born July 2015 - Foonf and spare Scenera Next

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Recaro Expiration???

It's only the Start that doesn't expire...it's all aluminum and upholstery grade fabric and stuffing, so nothing to break down, I guess.

Not sure about the others...probably all 6 years (plastic of the Young Sport and Young Style.....)... who knows about the new ones...hopefully 7, if they say they go to 59/60 inches tall!!!!
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SingleMomTo2Girls View Post
    Okay so I know that the boosters don't expire, right??

What about the harnessed seats? Convertibles? Do they never expire as well??? I'm curious about this, it's been bugging me.

Thanks.
    good question. i just searched my electronic RYS manual for this, and nowhere in the manual does it mention an expiration date.

but in my search, i discovered that recaro's warranty is two years!! w00t!!

ETA: strange, in one part of the manual it states 1 year warranty, and in another place, it states 2 year guarantee...

Recaro North America, Inc. warrants this product against defects in
    materials or workmanship to the original purchaser for a period of 12 months.
    You must have the original purchase receipt for a warranty claim to be
    accepted.
    The Recaro Child seat you have purchased is a high quality product. Its
    different settings and its stable and ergonomic Design ensures that the
    Recaro child seat is a safe and comfortable place for your child to sit when
    traveling in your car. However, before you use it, you need to set it to your
    child’s size and then install it carefully, so that the seat is properly adapted
    to your child and will perform as required. These instructions will help you do
    this, so please read them carefully. The child seat is covered by a two year
    guarantee
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Okay so THAT's why it doesn't expire. I thought it might have something to do with that.

Okay.... hmmm I'm going to have to talk to family about how we would be traveling to see them. I may end up having to sell the Regents and go for Recaros if we are going to be flying.
    Ali and Sadi born 2003 - 5 stepping
    Kai born July 2015 - Foonf and spare Scenera Next