Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Convertible Car Seat?

Does anyone know if this car seat (Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Convertible Car Seat http://www.amazon.com/Fisher%252dPri...9720764&sr=1-3 ) is actually available for sale right now? Especially in a store you could actually go into to see it in person? My sister is looking for a car seat for her 5 month old. He is 21 pounds and is just about to outgrow his infant car seat. The F.P. Safe Voyage was on Amazon.com with 3 good reviews, but says it will be available soon, and target.com says 2-6 weeks. They can't wait that long!! So I'm curious if this is a new car seat that isn't out yet or what anyone might know. Thanks, Sara

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Re: Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Convertible Car Seat?

I think they have that car seat at albeebaby.com. I was looking at their website a little while ago and I'm pretty sure they had it. I think their price was around $129.99? Check it out!
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

Last I checked, albeebaby.com had it for $130.

It's a Britax Marathon knockoff (actually manufactured by Britax), but lacking some of the features. No built in lockoffs (you're not missing anything), a really simple anchor belt through the belt path instead of the really nice ones on the side bars (but that's not that important), a more difficult to use base (but you only adjust it a few times, really), 55 pounds instead of 65 FF (more realistic, honestly, as very few kids would make it to even 55 pounds in it), and no rear facing tether (which kills the deal for me. No RF tether, no deal).

So it's not *as* nice as a Marathon, and I would pick a Marathon over it if I had the money. But it is far and away better than any other seat you can get for that price. So if $130 is a reality for her, that's a great seat. Otherwise, check out the Safety 1st Uptown for $90, also a really nice seat.
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Yup, www.albeebaby.com $129
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

CPS Fanatic

See, while I absolutely LOVE the FPSVD, the fact that it doesn't have the lockoffs and the tether means I wouldn't buy it.

Senior Community Member momof2kiddos's Avatar

I just bought one from Albeebaby.com and the DOM was April 2007!!I love my fpsvd.
    Courtney SAHM to~
    DS~3.5 years old/ Graco Nautilus in Bravo
    DD~2 years old/ Graco Nautilus in Mariposa

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post

and no rear facing tether (which kills the deal for me. No RF tether, no deal).
    Quick question. If a person doesn't have anchor points for a tether, would the tether option not be important for them then? Sara

Carseat Crazy

I don't think they're in stores, but they are online for a good price at albeebaby.com:
    http://albeebaby.com/fiprsavodeco2.html

There was a discussion on the board about a week ago--it seems the model with the red/black cover is recently manufactured, but the black/tan cover model that people have ordered lately has a DOM of summer 2006 (not that there's anything wrong with them--it just means the seat will expire sooner. These seats are good for six years from DOM.)

It's made by Britax based on their Marathon model (both RF to 33 lbs), but the FPSVD doesn't have a quite-as-nice cover or lock-offs, and is rated FF to 55 lbs rather than 65 lbs.). However, like the Marathon, it's easy to install in most vehicles, and easy to buckle/unbuckle the child (both RF and FF).

If you search the forum for "FPSVD" or "Fisher Price Safe Voyage", you'll find lots of information about it. Also, there is a review in the Review forum that might be helpful.
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Saramomofmany View Post
    Quick question. If a person doesn't have anchor points for a tether, would the tether option not be important for them then? Sara
    All seats have tether for forward facing. Only Britax and Sunshine Kids do for rearfacing. There aren't 'anchor points' for rearfacing tether. The seat comes with a D ring modifier to tether the seat to the frame in front.

I just bought one from www.albeebaby.com, but it has not arrived yet.

You can see it at Burlington Coat Factory. They have the tan circus dot one, I think it was for $150.

HTH.
    Stefani.

Quote Originally Posted by stefani View Post
    I just bought one from www.albeebaby.com, but it has not arrived yet.

You can see it at Burlington Coat Factory. They have the tan circus dot one, I think it was for $150.

HTH.
    Stefani.
    I'm glad you said it. I was about to go insane because I vaguely remembered seeing one in a store before I got pg but couldn't for the life of me remember where. Yep, it was BCF!
    Here's a link to their store locator http://corporate.burlingtoncoatfacto...a/mqsa_loc.php

Senior Community Member libranbutterfly's Avatar

I'm pretty sure our burlington did not have it. I looked about a month ago
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &
    Rayne (1) ERF in a Scenera for now

Senior Community Member momof2kiddos's Avatar

If you are a military family the NEX carries the circus dot FPSVD.
    Courtney SAHM to~
    DS~3.5 years old/ Graco Nautilus in Bravo
    DD~2 years old/ Graco Nautilus in Mariposa