Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Convertible Car Seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saramomofmany

Does anyone know if this car seat (Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Convertible Car Seat http://www.amazon.com/Fisher%2dPric...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1179720764&sr=1-3 ) is actually available for sale right now? Especially in a store you could actually go into to see it in person? My sister is looking for a car seat for her 5 month old. He is 21 pounds and is just about to outgrow his infant car seat. The F.P. Safe Voyage was on Amazon.com with 3 good reviews, but says it will be available soon, and target.com says 2-6 weeks. They can't wait that long!! So I'm curious if this is a new car seat that isn't out yet or what anyone might know. Thanks, Sara

ADS

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I think they have that car seat at albeebaby.com. I was looking at their website a little while ago and I'm pretty sure they had it. I think their price was around $129.99? Check it out! :D

Splash

Last I checked, albeebaby.com had it for $130.

It's a Britax Marathon knockoff (actually manufactured by Britax), but lacking some of the features. No built in lockoffs (you're not missing anything), a really simple anchor belt through the belt path instead of the really nice ones on the side bars (but that's not that important), a more difficult to use base (but you only adjust it a few times, really), 55 pounds instead of 65 FF (more realistic, honestly, as very few kids would make it to even 55 pounds in it), and no rear facing tether (which kills the deal for me. No RF tether, no deal).

So it's not *as* nice as a Marathon, and I would pick a Marathon over it if I had the money. But it is far and away better than any other seat you can get for that price. So if $130 is a reality for her, that's a great seat. Otherwise, check out the Safety 1st Uptown for $90, also a really nice seat.

ThreeBeans

See, while I absolutely LOVE the FPSVD, the fact that it doesn't have the lockoffs and the tether means I wouldn't buy it.

trailrunnermom

I don't think they're in stores, but they are online for a good price at albeebaby.com:
http://albeebaby.com/fiprsavodeco2.html

There was a discussion on the board about a week ago--it seems the model with the red/black cover is recently manufactured, but the black/tan cover model that people have ordered lately has a DOM of summer 2006 (not that there's anything wrong with them--it just means the seat will expire sooner. These seats are good for six years from DOM.)

It's made by Britax based on their Marathon model (both RF to 33 lbs), but the FPSVD doesn't have a quite-as-nice cover or lock-offs, and is rated FF to 55 lbs rather than 65 lbs.). However, like the Marathon, it's easy to install in most vehicles, and easy to buckle/unbuckle the child (both RF and FF).

If you search the forum for "FPSVD" or "Fisher Price Safe Voyage", you'll find lots of information about it. Also, there is a review in the Review forum that might be helpful.

ThreeBeans

Quick question. If a person doesn't have anchor points for a tether, would the tether option not be important for them then? Sara

All seats have tether for forward facing. Only Britax and Sunshine Kids do for rearfacing. There aren't 'anchor points' for rearfacing tether. The seat comes with a D ring modifier to tether the seat to the frame in front.

KissTheCook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC