Hmmm do I need a Safeguard Go for $50??

morninglori

I was at a local baby gear outlet - mainly older model (2009) seats at a bit of a discount. Well back in a corner there was this SafeGuardGo for $50, DOM 6/24/08.

I've been thinking about getting a HBB for DD's friends to use when they come over after school for playdates. Most of these kids are in boosters anyway.

In my vehicles, I can rearrange if necessary to have LATCH and head support if needed.

So, do I go back and get it??? or go with my original plan of a HBB?

Oh, they also had Sceneras (pink and black) that RF to 40lb for $30(DOM Nov 2010). I actually might go back and grab a couple of those to donate to our PD to give out at the check events that we have.

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'd get the go AND a hbb. use the go while your kids fit it when you need it for more flexible seat arrangements... or sell it on swap to pass on the savings by selling it for what you paid for it plus cost of shipping.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
uhm, yeah, I think I wouldn't have been able to leave the store without it, TBH. I have a weird secret lust for a Go for some reason.

Baylor

Lol.. Of course you do.. I never knew that I needed all these seats until I came here and found the variety available!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The SafeGuard Go is very underrated for a few reasons-

First, SafeGuard states that it can be used with LATCH and top tether to the rating of 60 pounds, generally regardless of vehicle manufacturer limits due to its relatively low weight.

Second, especially when used with LATCH, the harness height is over 18" and my 6 year old, 50 pounder still has room to grow.

Third, with no back, it can fold with a seat to allow access to a third row.

And finally, perhaps the best feature, with no wide shell at the torso, it gives an older child sitting next to it more shoulder room than any conventional harness seat.

I've been using the Safeguard Go Hybrid as a primary seat for years. It's not just for travel if it fills one of those purposes for you!

We hope to do an update on the Safety 1st version soon at CarseatBlog.

morninglori

I went back and got it it today. I almost got another 50% off of it too because the lady ringing me up thought it might be part of their special green tag sale, but another lady corrected her before it went through...not a biggie.

The store is called Baby News Warehouse Outlet. Baby News Online is the online store, and some of the stuff they have online is in the back room, but not all of it.

It is the back room of the Stanford Distributing here in Livermore. Stanford distributes to some of the boutique baby stores in the area. The outlet is mainly overstock, open/damaged boxes or older discontinued baby gear and furniture. They have carseats, strollers, cribs, toddler beds, some toys, and a bunch of miscelaneous baby stuff like feeding spoons, baths, swings and pack-n-plays. a little bit of everything.

The majority of the carseats that sell through outlet are mostly 2008-9 DOMs and a few 2010s. For the most part, their prices are decent given the age of the seats.

They do have a bunch of the old Century EZ LATCH kits. They have been there forever! They even have dust on the boxes. They even have a red Ferarri HBB and NBB. Those have been there a long time too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC