harness with no tether vs booster

Last time I swear... I am really overthinking this and being a nervous wreck... I know. BUT I am nervous that Fiona is going to fall asleep in her booster on the road trip with my parents, and flop forward with the lack of locked seatbelt.. BUT I am worried that they are going to have to move the car seat and not be able to install it correctly (radian most likely)

I almost think I am going to install the car seat in the car they are taking with just the seatbelt.. (they have no tethers in the car they are taking 2000 avalon) and then put her vivo in the trunk and show them how to use that by showing them how we use Juliannas, and have them take their shorter trips with her in the vivo.. (still unlocked cause my dad drives a camary and my sister another avalon lol they are toyota people)

OK so is that a good plan? or is this silly?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
A 2000 Toyota Avalon, right? That vehicle has 3 factory equipped top tether anchors on the rear filler panel. :)

Jeanum

Staff member
Check on the rear filler panel aka the package shelf behind the back seat, and there probably is a plasticky cover over each tether anchor that flips up or is removable to access the tether anchor.

so confused? I have been in the car several times and installed car seats in it before, but have never seen anything that looked like a tether.. I am really excited that it might have something

I will look when I see the car next time (they are coming this weekend maybe they will drive that car) but I never noticed those squares before in it.. I am trying to remember what year it is exactly, it is no newer than 2001 and no older than 99 lol.. my sister drives her old 98 avalon and the one she drives is her upgrade of that one. I will ask her in the morning.. if it is a 2001 would it also have the tethers?

Jeanum

Staff member
2000 and newer model year Avalons have 3 top tether anchors. Fingers crossed it's a 2000 or newer model. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Even a 2000, if made before 9/1/1999 might not have the anchor hardware, it wasn't required on that model year till that date. But it's a 99, so oh well anyway.

Does she flop in the Vivo? Gosh, I've seen my kid go completely limp and stay perfectly upright in that seat, even without the belt locked.

Last edited:
Even a 2000, if made before 9/1/1999 might not have the anchor hardware, it wasn't required on that model year till that date. But it's a 99, so oh well anyway.

Does she flop in the Vivo? Gosh, I've seen my kid go completely limp and stay perfectly upright in that seat, even without the belt locked.

well see I have never seen her sleep in it, we have never used it for a longer drive.. I am going to use it unlocked next time I put her in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC