Which HBB are narrower than the TB?

ADS

Holly

Someone told me yesterday that the Harmony Dreamtime is more narrow. I'm going to go look at one today and measure it.

mamakc

The amp isn't a high back, is it? Would the Sport be the same width? I looked on the measurement spreadsheet and it looks like the amp is the narrowest.

monstah

But the Amp (for example) doesn't puzzle well because of how high the armrests are. Are you looking for something for your 2nd row center?
The old style parkway works well there and the harmony LBB does too.

christineka

The amp isn't a high back, is it? Would the Sport be the same width? I looked on the measurement spreadsheet and it looks like the amp is the narrowest.

Oops, I forgot. Yeah, the sport is just an amp with a high back. I don't think it puzzles well, but I've never actually tried it.

mamakc

But the Amp (for example) doesn't puzzle well because of how high the armrests are. Are you looking for something for your 2nd row center?
The old style parkway works well there and the harmony LBB does too.

How did you know? LoL you have the Freestyle too, right? Such a pita, that center seat... old style parkways would be hard to come by, wouldn't they? Backless isn't an option for me. Have you tried a pro booster there, by chance?

I don't really need it to puzzle, I just need it to fit between the belt & the buckle

christineka

How did you know? LoL you have the Freestyle too, right? Such a pita, that center seat... old style parkways would be hard to come by, wouldn't they? Backless isn't an option for me. Have you tried a pro booster there, by chance?

Someone had one in swap:whistling: It's in the "ISO: cow parkway" thread.
I have issues with boosters in my second row, but old parkways work great. I wish britax would bring them back!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Safety 1st Go might work. Though it's not exactly what you're looking for, it seems to fit well next to other seats, is very narrow at the belt anchors (I had it harnessed in the narrow middle of my Escape for 6 months, it didn't interfere with the outboard buckles, and almost no other boosters actually fit in that spot), can be used harnessed to the point that most kids can use it backless. Or if all else fails, a RideSafer Travel Vest will work.
Amp/Sport seems to have higher armrests than the Turbo, so buckling may well be easier. Turbo's narrow, but super boxy and hard to buckle next to other seats.

monstah

I don't really need it to puzzle, I just need it to fit between the belt & the buckle

LOL, yup, I have one too. That seat is a PAIN! I resorted to a FF MA center and a HBTurbo puzzles OK next to it. But the top tether on the MA slides right down between the seats and I HATE it.

I haven't tried a probooster there but if you do, you better PM me about it! The other seat I was thinking might work is a Monterey because it gets so narrow at the bottom.

The ParkwaySG doesn't work center (too big) or behind the driver (buckle stalk too long) so skip that one. ;)

mamakc

What is the Go like? Isn't it kind of a soft back harness seat? I have no idea I could be way off. How does it install?
I have that stupid beautiful radian (it's a love-hate relationship) in there right now and I have such a difficult time getting it in there. Even with the right combo of seats, I still find myself having to re-install/move them frequently. I hate to admit it, but there have been a few times where I've had to install the radian in a hurry in the center, and I swear it was in perfect and tight, but later I realize it's terribly loose. It's the only FF harness seat I have that'll fit there, so I was thinking since she's been doing so well in her booster maybe she'd be better off in a booster in my car on those days where I'd be installing in a hurry.

monstah

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I remember the OSParkway also being so wide that the lap belt had to come from behind the booster and around the side, KWIM? Sorry, it's been a long time since I had one. I think a probooster is your best bet. Or, if it's as good as jools says, a GO. :thumbsup:

mamakc

I bet the Envy would look just as gorgeous next to DS's rio CA65LX as the Flora does :) Now to convince DH...lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC