I'm in shock! 6 yo still fits in CA!

DahliaRW

My ds1, who is 6 years 3 months BARELY fits in the Complete Air still! Sat him in it for kicks today to see. It was shocking since he's almost too tall for the nautilus (he has been boostered since 4 1/2). He's always been long torsoed, outgrew the old evenflo triumph by height before he was 1 rfing, but his legs have been catching up a lot lately and his growth has slowed. For reference, he wears a size 6 in tops. There wasn't much extra harness though, once tightened, and he is super skinny. So for a tall chunky kid that might be an issue.

I guess my point it, it'll definitely get most kids to safe booster age.

Wish I'd thought to take a picture!

I should add, he's too tall to ff (without going over the top slots) in the radian. So in general, I'd guess the CA last longer than the radian ffing too! Wow!

ADS

armywife12

The top slots of the ca are just about the same as the nautilus. My 3 yr old has just about 2 inches left to grow in it. It will definitely get most to boostering age. We love the seat

mom2olivia

I got a pic of Austin the other day. He is 60lbs and would barely fit in the nautilus as well. He will be 6 on May 5th (he's a big kid) and I had him ride in Olivia's CA65 because we didn't want to have to uninstall his FN85 from Nics truck (installing anything in there takes me forever...I hate his truck).

222039_522222406624_167300060_30600209_5231071_n.jpg

agurlsride

My 8yr old fits too...with about an inch and a quarter of harness height left...:) She isn't short, just average.
My 10yr old also still fits...with about an inch of harness height...she IS short though, only half an inch taller than her younger sister.

Last edited:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We had more room in the CA over the Radian too... She had just outgrown the CA but was way over the Radian top slots and was squished by the wings of the XTSL. I love the CA :)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yup. I got just as much room in the CA as in the fr80. The top slots are really high, and something about the way it sits? i guess? makes them so high relatively to other seats.
The CA/50-lb aoe seats, are NICE seat , the RF forever, and FF forever......

hrice

My friends daughter is 6.5 and still fits RF in the CA. She is 39# so just barely under the weight limit. She's a peanut though. She also fits in a Radian RF.

NannyMom

I have a 6yr that is AT the top slots of the True Fit. She has room to grow in the Complete Air. She's outgrown the EFTA by height. I haven't tried her in a Nauti yet. I'm impressed with the CA height.

turtlemama

My 6 year old also still fits the CA. She is at the second to top slot. My 4 year old is only on the 2nd slot and both of my youngers are on the bottom slot. My 10 month old is actually too short for RF since it sits a tiny bit above his shoulders still. My 4 year old fits RF but he doesn't want to sit that way anymore :(

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have a 6yr that is AT the top slots of the True Fit. She has room to grow in the Complete Air. She's outgrown the EFTA by height. I haven't tried her in a Nauti yet. I'm impressed with the CA height.

Not to threadjack, but double check that the harness is all the way up on the EFTA. We got about 1/4" more growing room out of the EFTA than the TF in both vehicles. Though the CA has much more room than them regardless.

NannyMom

Not to threadjack, but double check that the harness is all the way up on the EFTA. We got about 1/4" more growing room out of the EFTA than the TF in both vehicles. Though the CA has much more room than them regardless.

It was all the way up on the EFTA, and still below her shoulders. Seemed odd to me since I thought the CA and EFTA were both 17 inches. But, maybe because the EFTA is more reclined? EFTA is gone now though, so we can't check again.

Emi's Mommy

Yay! I'm so happy to read this! I would love for Emi to go from her CA to a booster.

Love my CA, just wish we had more cover options in Canada.

Mom2FiveGirls

My just turned 7 year old still just fits as well. She actually really liked it. I wish we had been able to keep it, but I couldn't do a 3 across in the third row with anything but a radian... I think the CA would last longer if it had worked though.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

We had more room in the TF too but i think it's because the EFTA is super reclined FF in DHs car.

MommaWhitney

I wish I had a reason to get a CA.

My almost 6yr old is in a GN and only on the 3rd slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC