Question Loving the scenera!

Jessica61624

I find it strange that I'm loving the scenera over the Myride! It's very easy to install in my car were the Myride is very hard! I have super long belt stalks(I think that's what they are called) even twisted 3 times it has way to much movement and the belt latch plate is at the edge of the belt path. It won't go in though. It's in the middle and I buckled it using the outboard belt stalk. Is that ok? I'm thinking about selling it.

Updated with pictures.....
IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

BeautifulChaos

I find it strange that I'm loving the scenera over the Myride! It's very easy to install in my car were the Myride is very hard! I have super long belt stalks(I think that's what they are called) even twisted 3 times it has way to much movement and the belt latch plate is at the edge of the belt path. It won't go in though. It's in the middle and I buckled it using the outboard belt stalk. Is that ok? I'm thinking about selling it.

I'm not a tech, but I am pretty sure that you need to be using the belt stalk that is intended for that seating position you are using. What kind of car do you have? Pictures would help too.

Jessica61624

BeautifulChaos said:
I'm not a tech, but I am pretty sure that you need to be using the belt stalk that is intended for that seating position you are using. What kind of car do you have? Pictures would help too.

I have a 2000 dodge intrepid. I'll get pics in a few.

Keeanh

I know this is kind of a tangent, but what's the difference between the outboard & centre buckles?

Jessica61624

Keeanh said:
I know this is kind of a tangent, but what's the difference between the outboard & centre buckles?

Do you mean the belt stalk or the belt itself? In my middle its lap only. The latch plate on the middle is bigger.

Keeanh

Do you mean the belt stalk or the belt itself? In my middle its lap only. The latch plate on the middle is bigger.

I was just curious as to why it helped to buckle with the middle belt in the outboard belt stalk. My buckles are all identical.

Mommy2Marcus

I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid & that middle belt stalk is SO freakin long. I am not sure that it is that big of a deal to use the outboard stalk. I can not remember if they're marked or not though.

I wish I had a My Ride still b/c I would try it for you, but I do not. Can you just install it outboard? I know that the middle is best, but outboard is safe to, exspecially when your child is RF.

Jessica61624

Mommy2Marcus said:
I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid & that middle belt stalk is SO freakin long. I am not sure that it is that big of a deal to use the outboard stalk. I can not remember if they're marked or not though.

I wish I had a My Ride still b/c I would try it for you, but I do not. Can you just install it outboard? I know that the middle is best, but outboard is safe to, exspecially when your child is RF.

It's so much easier in the middle because dd can get in it easier. I'm going to put it back outboard once I get her frontier cover.

Have you done a radian in your car? I really want one but heard the install in hard in the intrepid. Thanks for your help!

Mommy2Marcus

It's so much easier in the middle because dd can get in it easier. I'm going to put it back outboard once I get her frontier cover.

Have you done a radian in your car? I really want one but heard the install in hard in the intrepid. Thanks for your help!

I understand! Marcus is in the middle in his Nautilus b/c he wants to be & he can climb in & buckle himself. As for the Radian, nope I have never tried one. I just got the car a little over 2 weeks ago though, so I may try one eventually. I am hoping to go play with one eventually though.

However there is a member here who owns a 2000-2002 Intrepid & she owns 2 Radians. Her name is Ammie I believe, but am not 100% sure on that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC