Once Upon A Child, Kid to Kid, etc.

msg221

Has anyone ever sold back baby gear to either of these places? If so, do they pay very much at all? I have a bunch of stuff I am trying to sell on CL right now, like a Zooper Waltz stroller, a FP Rainforest swing, a Graco Lovin Hug swing, a FP Ocean Wonders travel swing, a Tiny Love playmat, and a Smartsteps Exersaucer. So far I have only received one inquiry about the Lovin Hug swing, I replied that I still have it, then no response since then.

I am anxious to get this stuff out of my house and I'd like to sell it so I can fund a BJCMD so I have a stroller I can keep in my car at all times. Our subdivision is having its community garage sale on April 30th, but I know from experience from trying to sell baby gear last October at the garage sale, that people will be offering me ridiculous amounts of money for my stuff because after all, it's a garage sale and they expect to pay dirt cheap. But I am not willing to sell a nearly brand new Zooper for $20. So I wonder if I might do better at a kids consignment store. I also would hate to load all of that up in DH's truck only to have them turn away most of it. I've heard from people how they barely bought back anything they had, but of course that was for clothes, so maybe they are more willing to take baby gear since that is a big thing moms to be are looking for. Any advice?

ADS

vangelder03

it's a big waste of time they give you 20% of what they sell it for
at the yard sell mark up your items so there is wiggle room on the price and make them think they are getting a deal

NannyMom

When I NEEDED cash and stuff wasn't selling on CL, I went to Kid to Kid. I had a Chicco Cortina stroller and a SS1, and various small baby items. I got $55. If I didn't need the cash so bad, I would have taken the stuff back home.

However, I do take things to a smaller consignment shop. I take clothes and toys and stuff. For big-ish items (learn n groove table, stroller, etc) I know I'll get about 25% of store price (the shop sells it for 50% and I get half of that).

rachelandtyke

Definitely call before you take it as sometimes they are not accepting big items like that if they have too many. You may even be able to ask them over the phone how much you might get for things - they have it all in their system how much they charge for brands and models, etc.

If you can find an upscale baby boutique/consignment store you might do better.

CL is really hit or miss sometimes. If you can be patient and keep reposting it, all it takes is the one person that has been looking for exactly that and knows that it is a good deal. But with big stuff, I know sometimes you just want it out!

Are there any of the big local baby sales coming up? Then you could price them how you want.

Squeaky McMurdo

You'de be better off on craigslist than Once upon a Child. I took in a baby bouncer, NIP sling, floor gym, and some other stuff. They acted all nice and like I was going to get a good deal, took it all to the back room...and gave me $10. I spent an hour trying to get my stuff back to no avail.

mamom

I know at our local consignment store they wanted to give me $12 for a like new mealtime highchair, needless to say it is on craigslist :)

msg221

I did end up selling on CL and so far have sold my Graco Lovin Hug Swing, Zooper Waltz stroller and a Fisher-Price travel swing. I sold the FP Rainforest swing at our garage sale. I still have a few things on CL. Hopefully they will go soon so I can be rid of the big baby gear taking up room in my house!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC