The best manual EVER

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, it doesn't exist yet.

But when I grow up and design the world's best car seat, I'm going to set up the manual "Choose Your Own Adventure" style.

Like, you open up the manual, and it asks:

Is your child under 3 years old? Turn to page 6

Is your child at least 3 years old? Turn to page 7

Then it would ask about height and weight, until you arrive at the page that tells you whether to install RF or FF.

Then you get to the part about seat belts:

Does your seatbelt lock if you pull it all the way out? If yes, turn to page 20

Etc

It might be cumbersome to produce, but I bet more people would "read" it if they didn't have to wade through a bunch of stuff that doesn't pertain to them.

So yeah, just my brainstorm for today.

ADS

Baylor

I agree! It would be awesome. Sometimes I need to read through a couple times to see what I am looking for.. I will buy that manual and that seat..

OOOOH.. you could do a cliff notes version of car seat manuals.. I would buy that!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You'll get those folks who cheat and jump to a different section because they didn't like the instructions in the section they chose. :ROTFLMAO:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
TechnoGranola said:
You'll get those folks who cheat and jump to a different section because they didn't like the instructions in the section they chose. :ROTFLMAO:

LOL!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
OOOOH.. you could do a cliff notes version of car seat manuals.. I would buy that!!

That exists...

It's made by SafetyBeltSafe. They put out a summary sheet for just about every seat ever made in the US since 2000. (This does not include built-in child restraints.)

2011 Child Restraint Manufacturers' Instructions with Summary Sheets (#450) order forms

Updated for 2011. Compilation of complete manufacturers’ instructions for child restraints made 2000 through December 2010 with summary sheets developed by SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A. Summaries for each seat include revised recommendations from manufacturers, minimum and maximum weights, first and last dates made, harness threading and belt path diagrams, and identification photos. Access to instructions received after this DVD was produced is available by subscription. Techs may take the DVD quiz for one CEU.

DVD (Order #450DVD): Single copy $15; $12 each for 100-249; $10 each for 250-499; $7 each for 500 or more, shipping included.

High-quality printout, stapled (6700+ pages) (Order #450P): $260 plus shipping/handling

:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC