Older kids rf in MR...pics?

Chila88

Does anyone have any pics of their older kids rf'ing in a MR that shows how they have comfortably positioned their legs?

My 3.5yo daughter usually ff's in a FRXT. However, it just kind of dawned on me to try her in her sisters MR....and low and behold she just barely fits. I am wanting to rf her for some upcoming road trips, but need some advice on what to tell her to do with her legs. She has very long, skinny legs.....so she'll probably just need some time to figure it out by trial and error....but I want to avoid any frustration that leads to asking to be turned back around before she even gives it a try....so I need suggestions to give her when I first put her in. Any tips?

Thanks!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You could come over and see my 4.5 year old in her MR when you pick up your Alma cover. :D (even if you don't want the cover, you can still come see her or I could likely meet you somewhere)

Chila88

I totally still want the cover! Purple and flowery is one of my bribes to get her into the seat rf'ing!!! :D

Any idea when you will be done with it? No rush....I just don't want to make DD any promises that it will be here soon if you still need it for a while.....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I totally still want the cover! Purple and flowery is one of my bribes to get her into the seat rf'ing!!! :D
:ROTFLMAO: well let me know and I'll make sure DD is available when we meet and then I can get her to show you what she does with her legs.

And everyone else, don't let this stop you from posting pics! That way she can have pics AND live action. :D

Blondie87

Here are 3.5 year olds. One in the MyRide is 33 lbs and the one on the XTSL is 35 lbs.
35876_10150199693720246_650315245_13285512_4392717_n.jpg

msg221

Seeing how much leg room there is almost makes me want to get another one if Zain hits 35 lbs. in his TFP anytime soon! He will be 3 next month and has about 3 lbs. to go before he hits the RF limit, but I am not ready to FF him! I had one at one time but ended up selling it. Given how relatively inexpensive they are on sale, it would be worth it to me!

Chila88

Seeing how much leg room there is almost makes me want to get another one if Zain hits 35 lbs. in his TFP anytime soon! He will be 3 next month and has about 3 lbs. to go before he hits the RF limit, but I am not ready to FF him! I had one at one time but ended up selling it. Given how relatively inexpensive they are on sale, it would be worth it to me!

You talked me into a MA70 about 6mos ago....now its my turn to talk you into a MR....do it do it do it!!! :D I had my 3.5yo DD rf'ing in it for a road trip this weekend, and she's been ff'ing since she was 20mos.....and she didn't complain at all about her legs. It's such a roomy seat for older kids. You neeeeeeeeeed one! :p

Momof4Girls

If you search the forums from about this time last year, I have pics of all of my kids in it, ranging in ages from 7 (then) down to 7mos (or so, at the time).

msg221

You talked me into a MA70 about 6mos ago....now its my turn to talk you into a MR....do it do it do it!!! :D I had my 3.5yo DD rf'ing in it for a road trip this weekend, and she's been ff'ing since she was 20mos.....and she didn't complain at all about her legs. It's such a roomy seat for older kids. You neeeeeeeeeed one! :p

I know, I am still thinking about doing it, especially since they are 20% off at BRU. It wouldn't be much money at all and I could keep him RF another 5 lbs., and I love the leg room in it! It would be my second go 'round with a MR. I had one but sold it to my co-worker for her grandson.

agave

She'll be 3 in just over a month. Didn't think to take the picture until after I unbuckled her but I think you can tell she's comfy.
5654265065_8d0de47e6d.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

this is a really old pic of Fiona at 3.5 in the original my ride that I preordered and everything lol. I love the my ride.. Nolan uses one too sometimes
downsize65.jpg

here he is about 2 years and 8 months

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC