Question Britax seat question

mlohry

Some of you may have seen the massive fray my RA 50 got on the adjuster. Britax is sending me a whole new seat, as they thought the issue was much more than wear and tear. They are sending another RA 50, but I am a little nervous, has anyone ever had that issue? Maybe I should have them send a different seat and pay the difference. My DD is 2.1 ERF until hopefully 4, 25lbs and I think 31 inches, she's a peanut.

ADS

ConnorsMommy

I don't have a RA50, but I do have a Classic Marathon for my son. He's moved onto a bigger seat now, but we do still occasionally use the MA65. I have not had any issues with the strap fraying. We've had the seat for about 3 years. It sounds like yours may have had a defect. That's great that Britax is replacing the seat for you. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. It's one of those problems that is easy to notice, so on the odd chance that the new seat strap starts to fray, you would notice and could inform the company.

luckyclov

I've been fairly loyal to Britax for 7 years and I've never had an issue with any sort of fraying (aside from the WARNING label), anywhere. In fact, I've never had anything other than just an annoyance of an issue with any of my Britax seats.

Glad you're getting a new seat...I love their CS.:)

mlohry

I too have owned Britax seats on the past a RA and a MA for my boys and never had any issues. One of them had a recall on the harness adjuster a long time ago, but we just put the new adjuster in, no problems. We are purchasing a FR 85 at the moment to keep my oldest in a booster for the longest amount of time in our classic car. It will also be used as a booster for my middle DS and eventually my DD. It gives me more confidence in the company ordering more products with how they handled this issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC