Is the Parkway SGL worth it over the SG?

arly1983

I am going to be trying my J in Jamii (DHMA)s monterey at in a couple of weeks and I am thinking of ordering a Parkway from amazon so I can compare the two and see if he has a preference.

So for those who have seen or had both SG and SGL(is latchable), is the extra $30ish and totally boring cover (cloud break over maui blue) worth the latch?

Thanks!

ADS

rachelandtyke

For me, it would be just for the ability to have it latched all the time and not to have to remember to belt it in when it's not occupied!

ignore me...I read your question wrong lol.. I do not think latch is worth it for my very good about buckling their boosters kids.. but for some who forget sometimes it might be worth it.

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I like LATCHable boosters, so it would be worth it to me for preference and convenience. Do I think it's intrinsically better or safer? No.

christineka

For some reason the sgl was rated better than the sg on the NHTSA's booster list. Is anything else different between the two boosters other than latch?

djma

You had the SG at one time. I know J was younger though. Do you remember why you got rid of it?

Didn't answer you in the PM, but yes, you can take the monterey for the day when you come up. :D

arly1983

You had the SG at one time. I know J was younger though. Do you remember why you got rid of it?

Didn't answer you in the PM, but yes, you can take the monterey for the day when you come up. :D

Thanks!

I wasn't fond of the shoulder belt fit but that was over a yr ago and he was much skinnier and lighter so I am wondering if the fit would be different. Do you remember what you thought when you tried it out?

They are a tiny bit different. There's a review on the blog that details it, but they are very minor.

ETA: Found it - http://carseatblog.com/8193/britax-parkway-sgl-booster-a-photo-review/

Thanks!

djma

Thanks!

I wasn't fond of the shoulder belt fit but that was over a yr ago and he was much skinnier and lighter so I am wondering if the fit would be different. Do you remember what you thought when you tried it out?

Thanks!

DS1 was on the very last position and it was difficult for him to get the belt to go through the guide.

And while he is on the last position of the monterey, there is still room for the belt to easily glide through the guide.

arly1983

Oh...I think I like the higher rubber molded armrests, newer shoulderbelt guide, and really like the single SG strap instead of the split one on the SGL. That might fix every problem I had with the SG.

love-pink

I thought I read on Britaxs site that there will be something coming to update the sgs to sgl style slide guard. :rolleyes: Im actually going to get one sg and one sgl when I have enough funds. :p

Jillybeans5

It depends. It would be worth it to me even though my boostered child sits in a seat w/o latch. I bought a PW SG first and had to return it because the shoulder belt wouldn't stay in the belt guide. The new belt guide would fix that and the single strap SG looks way more comfy than the old one.

babyherder

I think its worth it just to have the blue. If you're going to spend that much money on something that going to be used every day for quite a while you may as well get one you love (assuming, of course, your kids won't be deprived of food, clothing, or shelter because of the extra money)

arly1983

I think its worth it just to have the blue. If you're going to spend that much money on something that going to be used every day for quite a while you may as well get one you love (assuming, of course, your kids won't be deprived of food, clothing, or shelter because of the extra money)

The blue maui comes on the sg model, which is cheaper than the sgl model. :p

Yep, I am actually be sacrificing the blue. The only non-mesh, non-nylon cover on the SGL is the grey on dark grey one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC