car seats for a Corolla

momtotwogirls

Ok so we are renting a car to drive to Vegas this coming weekend and last time we got a Nissan Versa and it fit 2 rear facing seat perfectly no need to move the seats up. I was wondering if the Corolla is likewise in size and what seats would work the best.

I have
CA65
ETA
FN85
TFP

My oldest would like to be rear facing for the trip and she fits in the CA and TFP. Do you think these will fit without having to crunch the front passengers. If not I can put her in the FN behind the driver so my husband has the most room and then put the CA or TFP more upright behind me for my youngest.

ADS

LuvBug

I just traded my 03 corolla and had a FR85 in it, fits wonderfully!

I've had a scenera and marathon in it rearfacing, as well as a snugride on the base, without the front passengers being crushed(5'10 and 6'). I just had to put them in there at the most upright angle allowed.

momtotwogirls

Thanks. I assume it will be a newer one 2010 or 2011. Ill have to do the FN85 and most upright TFP. I know my oldest would be more comfortable forward then upright backwards because she says it hurts her butt when she is too upright rear facing

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's a pic of a CA (regular, not LX) in a Corolla in my siggy. It's behind the driver, for a 6'1" man with long legs, and is not touching (just barely) at 30 degrees (1 pool noodle.)

I've had severe usage issues with TF/TFPs in the Corollas.

momtotwogirls

There's a pic of a CA (regular, not LX) in a Corolla in my siggy. It's behind the driver, for a 6'1" man with long legs, and is not touching (just barely) at 30 degrees (1 pool noodle.)

I've had severe usage issues with TF/TFPs in the Corollas.

We have the regular version too. id like to do the CA65 for my youngest then the TFP for my oldest behind the passenger. What were the issues with the TFP in the Corolla?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Difficult install due to mandatory lockoffs and seatbelt/LATCH geometry (like really difficult even for ME and I've done a lot of installs in the Corolla and am familiar with the TF/TFP); poor access to harness adjuster, even with the TFP; in newer models, front seats had to be pretty far foward to not touch the front seats (with advanced airbags) with the headrest on at the maximum allowed 35 degree upright angle... I think there was something else but I don't remember what. (Only rear-facing. It was fine forward. :) )

momtotwogirls

Hmm ok i think Ill jsut go with the FN then because she complains with the CA straps that they hurt her neck and she doesnt fit in the ETA anymore height wise. Thanks KQ

momtotwogirls

I jsut have to come to terms with my oldest being forward for that long (6 hours) normal use is like 30-1 hour a day for a week until she wants to ride backwards again

She will be ok, she will be ok, she is perfectly safe, she is perfectly safe :|

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
She'll be ok. 4 is my age to go forward if they WANT to. You're keeping her as safe as you can. It'll be ok.

Honestly, unless that's her weight fully clothed and shoed, I'd be getting uncomfortable with her RF in a 35 lb. seat anyway.

momtotwogirls

Yes that is fully clothed, shoed, and after eating a meal. I weighed her about a week ago and she was 31.6lbs right after lunch because she wanted to ride backwards

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ah, ok. :) Then you have some time. But I mean, there are times she won't be able to RF. It happens. You're lucky, you made it to 4! Good job!

I'm THIS close to having to turn my daughter, who will be 3 next week, FF when we ride in my mom's car, and it makes me sad. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC