He's too tall, right?

Dillipop

IMG_8989.jpg
IMG_8988.jpg

Trying to get 3 across and the FPSVB fits perfectly between the radian and companion, but not with the back on. But he's too tall to use it backless, huh?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
It looks like he has support to the tops of his ears/the midpoint of his head...it's very close.
I think you could use it.

Dillipop

Where are your vehicles head restraints? Looks like your seatbacks have the holes for head restraints, no?

We have head restraints in the outboard positions. However, we usually have them in the trunk because it's easier to install ffing seats without them and with highback boosters, they sometimes push the top of the booster forward. The middle doesn't have a head restraint, unfortunately.

I ended up putting the monterey with back outboard, companion middle, and radian outboard. It works, I just thought if I could get ds1 in the middle in his booster, everyone would be better protected. Although, I'm not sure if center in a nbb is any better or worse than outboard in a good HBB.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
He's too tall, unfortunately. Want to head my way and we'll work on it together? I have a crazy assortment of different seats for you to try.

~Kecia

ETA: I was slow responding and didn't see your reply. Glad you found a set-up that works! You know where I am if you ever need to take advantage of my collection.

Dillipop

He's too tall, unfortunately. Want to head my way and we'll work on it together? I have a crazy assortment of different seats for you to try.

~Kecia

I would love to come play carseats with you sometime! We are actually headed through your area this week, but dh is with me and he doesn't like to play carseats like I do! Maybe I can make it your way sometime this summer.

I know you have a lot, but my "collection" is nothing to sneeze at. The problem I'm running into is getting a ffing, rfing, and booster to work. The only 2 combinations that have worked so far has been rfing RA50, FPSVB with back, parkway and monterey, companion, ffing radian. And only 1 of my companion bases works, they have different bottoms. ETA- I thought I got the CCO to work, but I'm having second thoughts on that.

I am on my way to BRU tomorrow to see if the shuttle 33 will work in place of the companion. If it does, it'll buy us a little while before having to booster my 4.5 year old full time in dh's car.

Kat_Momof3

definitely too tall... so glad you have another option, though.

would it help to have the fpsv booster backless outboard instead of the monterey?

and quite frankly... I'd be very tempted to use a ride safer vest for him.

Dillipop

definitely too tall... so glad you have another option, though.

would it help to have the fpsv booster backless outboard instead of the monterey?

I'm not quite ready to have him backless outboard. He's not quite 8 and we don't have side curtain airbags. Especially on the 7 hour trip we're taking on Wednesday. The Monterey works there, even latched. However, ds has to buckle before the infant seat is put on the base. It makes for a little more work, since the 2 younger kids have to wait. I pulled the monterey out though, and was able to fit the parkway, which we can just pull off to the side, buckle, then shove back over. He chose the parkway for this trip.

and quite frankly... I'd be very tempted to use a ride safer vest for him.

We have a RSTV that we use in my mom's car. Again, if we weren't taking this 7 hour trip, it'd probably be an option. I just don't see ds being comfortable in it for such a long trip.

We will be picking up a shuttle33 (thanks Luvmycharlie!) on our way back. I tried in with the monterey and radian and was able to fit it. This should get us through until I feel good having ds2 boostered full time in dh's car and ds1 in a no back. DS2 is 4.5 now and does well, but I'd prefer him in a harness until closer to 6.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC