Question Did this happen to your Radian?

lanwenyi

I took DD's Radian out of the car b/c the cover needed washed (long story). This Radian is in the car that is always parked outside, but the seat is less than 1 yr old. The plastic on the "boot" has warped. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else? Techs - is it a safety issue?

I plan to call SK tomorrow (assuming they're not open today, pls correct me if I'm wrong). TIA

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It has happened to a lot of use. I would still use it, but make sure to call SK and get a new one. They sent me one free. 888-336-7909

lanwenyi

Ok. Will they give me any problems getting a replacement? Should I pull out my other Radian (just over 1 yr old) and see if it is also warping?

It seems weird that it would happen on such a "young" seat with such a long expiration.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
They won't give you any problems.

I know that mine bent when it hit the metal hinge that was buried in the seat. Another time, I had it sitting on the latch anchor, then I tightened. SO total user error.

leighi123

I had it happen (though not as bad as yours), but I don't have LATCH in my car, and there isnt any metal down in the seat bite, so I'm not really sure how it did that.

I got a replacement though, and now I keep the warped one at grandma's house, so now when I travel, I don't have to carry the boot on the airplane (he is FF on the plane)

lanwenyi

Yeah, I can't figure out how it happened either. We do have LATCH, but we checked the indentations in our car and the LATCH anchors are no where near where the damage is to the boot. Also, our install in that car doesn't have the boot going into the bight, so I don't see how it would have come in contact w/ any "hidden" metal. :shrug-shoulders: It just doesn't make sense.

NannyMom

Yeah, I can't figure out how it happened either. We do have LATCH, but we checked the indentations in our car and the LATCH anchors are no where near where the damage is to the boot. Also, our install in that car doesn't have the boot going into the bight, so I don't see how it would have come in contact w/ any "hidden" metal. :shrug-shoulders: It just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, but that the Radian for ya ;):eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC