Check out this pic of the Nautilus head slump

geberika

CPS Technician
u64s

eek!

Not sure if pic is showing up, here's the link

ADS

scariestone

Unfortunately that's how my DS looks in any seat he falls asleep in so I'm not too worried that one of our backup seats is a nauti(that I've had for a year and haven't used :whistle:). He's RF in my car and has also ridden in a FF myride recently and his head end up folded over. He's just broken I guess. :p

ETA: Its absolutely terrifying how well the FR in your siggy fits that itty itty bitty!

glockchick

My kids do the exact same thing. I love the seat otherwise, but it's been relegated to back up duty here as well. :(

IMG_0278.jpg

Different kid with a neck pillow to try to fix it.
IMG_0214-1.jpg

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
DD's head slump in the XT is the same way (though, oddly enough, not so bad in the 'regular' radians :scratcheshead:) I think I have a picture somewhere on my phone, I'll have to search around for it.

Itseems like she has head slump in everything too though - yesterday she was asleep for 15 minutes and woke up complaining that her neck hurt :( Although DS's head slumps half the time too, and he's RFing! I don't get it.

2BunniesMommy

That's how Libby sleeps in her GN too, and its often that bad if she sleeps in the Frontier too. She has never complained of neck pain though.

scoutingbear

That's how C is in the Nauti and every once in a while in the Radian65. This is why when he does get to use a booster, it is for a short one stop errand. Because he can NOT sleep upright. (A on the other hand, turns into a statue when he sleeps and NEVER has head slump.)

Murphy's Law

My dd's head did that in the GN in harness mode too. At 5.9 years I switched her to booster mode and it hasn't happened since. I would have liked to keep her harnessed but it just wasn't working for us in that seat.

agurlsride

Does anyone know if that happens in the Nauti Elite too? Being that you can adjust the head wings...

Sent from my MyTouch using Car-Seat.Org

vtbecca

We had one for about a week and it kept happening so we returned it. I though it was because of DS's abnormally long head, but maybe it's just a design issue of the seat.

Becca

thepote

My DS2 never had the slump and we got the seat when he was 5. When his brother got the seat at 4 he had the same head slump as the pic, but now that he's almost 5 he doesn't have it anymore. For us, at least, it's a younger kid thing.

MommaWhitney

Weve had a nauti for almost 2yrs and never had head slump. My DD was 4 when we bought it and is almost 6 now. She sleeps all the time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

HEVY

Rachel rarely falls asleep in the car, but she did last week in a FR85, bench is reclined and that's how her head looked :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC