Radian Safety Notice from Transport Canada - not a recall

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the heads-up.

But technically, isn't a "public notice" a recall and a "consumer information notice" is not a recall but for-info-only kind of notice?

Public notice/recall is the kind that might poses a safety risk and a 'fix' must be done. While the other kind, consumer info notice, is to inform consumer of certain issue (like 3rd-party products, missing French label, etc.)

snowbird25ca

Thanks for the heads-up.

But technically, isn't a "public notice" a recall and a "consumer information notice" is not a recall but for-info-only kind of notice?

Public notice/recall is the kind that might poses a safety risk and a 'fix' must be done. While the other kind, consumer info notice, is to inform consumer of certain issue (like 3rd-party products, missing French label, etc.)

You know you're probably right about that since there is a fix for it. Although I guess what made me not really see it as a recall is that TC said to just keep using the current safestop because the safety benefits outweigh the potential risk of the possible increased risk of head excursion.

Interestingly enough, the increased head excursion only happened with the 3yr old dummy.

So I guess what's left to wonder is if SK hadn't revised the safestop, would they haev told consumers to quit using it, or just wanted parents to be aware of it? :confused:

At any rate, I was surprised when I found it last night.

juliebug

thanks for this i belive i have that one but i have never used it. We swiched between my 5yr old son and my 3yr dd so much it was easier not to use it.

snowbird25ca

thanks for this i belive i have that one but i have never used it. We swiched between my 5yr old son and my 3yr dd so much it was easier not to use it.

I just wanted to let you know in case it applies, that if you're in Canada, the top tether is mandatory. Radian requires you to use the safestop in any forward facing installation with a child who weighs less than 40lbs when the seat is tethered. So if one of your kids is less than 40lbs and one is more than 40lbs, you'll actually need to take the safe stop off or put it on depending on which child is using the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC