keyfit & keyfit 30

laudymama

Anybody know if the keyfit infant insert can be used in the keyfit 30? Don't know if it would make a difference or not.....

ADS

AnnaC

I'm not a tech, but maybe if I bump this one of them will see it. :)

But my un-educated guess is that it would be fine. I'm pretty sure they're the same thing! You can't switch the bases, but I wouldn't think that switching the inserts would be a problem.

You could also call Chicco and ask if someone else doesn't come along to answer for sure.

Mae

I would.

My SIL uses the cover/infant inserts from a KF30 in her KF22. It's essentially the same seat/shell, the KF30 just has a higher weight limit, so the covers are interchangeable. :)

You can't switch the bases, but I wouldn't think that switching the inserts would be a problem.

I'm pretty sure you can use the 22 in the 30's base, but you can NOT use the 30 in the 22's base. I think. Don't take my word for that though. :p

ETA: In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, because for some reason I'm thinking they don't sell the 22 base by itself anymore?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's all the same, but you can't put the 30 in the 22 base, it won't even snap, Judi took pictures (and yeah, I think they don't even make it anymore, all the bases at BRU fit with all the seats, and it's a mixmatched assortment, I don't know if any of them came together!). The rest of the seat is the same, you totally can use the infant insert from one to the other.

laudymama

Thanks! I was pretty sure it would work, just wasn't sure if that weight limit difference would change the fit. My friends lost their insert and wanted to borrow ours to bring their preemie home-just wanted to double check so they're safe!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC