3 seats in a 2006 Jetta (Canadian)

U

Unregistered

Expecting #3 anyday now. I have a 4yo - 42lbs and a 6yo, 80lbs.

Both the drivers and passenger side in the rear have UAS systems, the middle seat is belt only.

I currently have a graco snug ride for the new baby installed behind the passenger seat using UAS. The seat belt latches for the middle seat and the seat behind the drivers side meet between those two.

I was thinking about using two boosters, but it is a very tight squeeze to get my hands down there to belt them in, and they cannot do it at all.

I was thinking about getting a narrow harnesed seat for my 4yo for the middle.

Anyone have any recommendations for the best set up for my 3 children?

Thanks.

ADS

canadiangie

Your best bet for your 4yo is the Sunshine Kids Radian, assuming he still fits height wise from bum to shoulder... What does he ride in now?

tam_shops

I go w/ the Radian. I know it's a lot of money, but it should save you a lot of grieve down the road & has an 8 year lifespan, so can be later used by babe FF w/ boosters on either side. If you're planning on keeping that car for awhile w/ 3 back there, soon to be belting themselves up, the more space the better...

Otherwise, you depending on middle son's height, the Maestro goes to 47# here & something like 18". It's fairly narrow & could be used until he gains those 5#, by then, babe will be out of the bucket & you could put babe into a Scenera RF middle, w/ boosters outboard. Then, when babe outgrows that sell it & go FF back to the Maestro or keep the Maestro as a back up...

We did 3 across a Jetta w/ 2 outboard Maestros & 1 Scenera in the middle. We did seat belt installs b/c we found the latch pushed the seats out more & didn't pack them in as well. The cup holders on the Maestros line up with the jetta door in just *that* spot so they bump, the doors still close & they are independently tight but...

The d/c lady is average height, but I found the back seat really narrow in that car, kind of freaked me out that if they were in an accident they'd hit the back seats...

good luck!

tam

mommycat

Is your 4yo closer to 3 or 5? A young 4yo (or a less mature 5yo, too) may not be ready to sit properly in a booster anyway, so you do need to look at that aspect as well.

Try to install your infant seat with the seatbelt. As mentioned, using UAS will usually position the seats closer to the center of the car; with a seatbelt you can usually scoot it a little closer to the door, leaving more room for the other seats.

Your best bet for your 4yo is the Sunshine Kids Radian, assuming he still fits height wise from bum to shoulder... What does he ride in now?

:yeahthat: Or maybe a Complete Air, I know it's only a little wider than the Radian, but can't remember what the bottom is like to buckle next to. It only harnesses to 50lbs so you would need to keep an eye on the 4yo's weight. Then you could pass it down to the baby when the bucket is outgrown (it's a great RF seat as well, and is easy to get more upright for an older baby so it may be an easier fit than the Radian for RF in a small car) and it will be narrow to buckle boosters next to.

If you are using a harnessed seat for the 4yo, I would probably put it in the center and put the infant seat on the driver's side to minimize risk of having it mistakenly uninstalled by the boostered child.

Which boosters have you tried?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC