Britax Versa Tether Carry Clip

dhardawa

I had to install a BV70 for a coworker today and came back to make absolutely sure nothing had changed from the older versions. When reading, I keep seeing reference to this versa tether carry clip. From what I can tell, it is just a clip on the bottom of the seat you'd hook the tether to to carry it, but, as usual, Britax's pictures and text are pretty cryptic and don't seem to match. So, is there more that I need to know about this carry clip?

One other thing, I installed rear facing and it appears there is no more switching the LATCH anchors when going from rear facing to forward facing, correct?

Thanks!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, you do not have to switch the latch. I know nothing about the carry clip though.

Pixels

Yeah, the carry clip is for convenience when carrying the seat by the tether. If you used the tether to install, or balled it up and stored it unused, you don't need to worry about the carry clip.

scariestone

So its ok to carry a britax seat by the tether but no other seats and never by the harness, correct? That seems odd britax would allow that because parents that saw that would think well the harness is the same material I can carry it by that too.

Pixels

You can carry a lot of seats by the tether or the harness. The Radian manual specifically says it's okay to carry by the tether or the harness, just not the harness adjuster strap.

scariestone

Really? I thought I had seen several techs on here saying its a huge no no to carry a carseat by the harness. I don't remember the radian manual saying its ok, guess I should reread it.

Pixels

I know that sometimes my kid is goofing around in her seat, and throws herself against the harness with more force than the weight of the seat. In otherwords, she puts more strain on the harness than I would by carrying it. Carrying the seat by the harness doesn't bother me at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC