Holy cow! My mt is here!!!! Pics!

jenfrogmom

Just came in the mail about an hour ago! :D It only took me about 5 minutes or less to install! I have a Mazda 5. Takes up maybe a teeny bit more room front to back then the Advocate 70 we have, probably only because I had to use a tightly rolled towel to get a little recline. Ds is a car sleeper. I bought the seat for my 14 month old. He is packing on the pounds since his allergies have been figured out and he is able to eat.

Stats on my kids:
Parker is 4 years, 1 month old. 43" tall and 42lbs.
Myles is 14 months, 24lbs, and I am not sure exactly how tall he is.

Excuse my plywood floors, we are in the middle of a remodel, just waiting for the wood floors to be put in. :) Link to pictures...
https://picasaweb.google.com/sherwoodforestdiaper/MultiTech#

ADS

Maggie

Oh how awesome! You'll have to let me know when you're having another carseat get together. I'd love to come drool over it! :p

ETA: And crap. Isn't it nasty outside?! I see your DS with his hat on. Crazy. Thought we could finally put the winter junk away, guess not.

jenfrogmom

Oh how awesome! You'll have to let me know when you're having another carseat get together. I'd love to come drool over it! :p

ETA: And crap. Isn't it nasty outside?! I see your DS with his hat on. Crazy. Thought we could finally put the winter junk away, guess not.

Probably have a car seat meetup next week friday. Weather permitting. :)

Laurelz

Okay, question.. isn't the MT a foreign seat? I know that certain states don't have it in the writings that you can't use it, but I think NE does... so meaning I couldn't get this seat? Right? Why aren't we allowed to use foreign seats? :)

...and I LOVE it by the way! And the tiny driver in the front! :p

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I believe it comes out to illegal in nearly every state. It's a parental decision to import and use one. They haven't been tested to US standards and are therefore illegal, basically.

Great seat, and awesome that it takes up so little room!

Wendy

lovemybabies924

i just wish our seats didnt have chest clips..i dont like them, i think too many parents rely on them and dont use the crotch clip, or they dont tighten the harness cuz the "chest clip will hold it on"

scariestone

How's the fabric? I got the cowmoo but was considering the red because its nylon so it would be cool in the summer. What's your assessment for potential overheating in hot weather? I'm so jealous and trying not to jump out of my skin waiting for ours to come. :whistle: That and praying DS doesn't shoot up 2 more lbs and max out his XTSL since he of course decided to start a growth spurt the day after I ordered our MT.

KiwiGem

That looks brilliant in Cow Moo! Your boys look like real characters... some pretty great facial expressions going on there!

mommyx4

I believe it comes out to illegal in nearly every state. It's a parental decision to import and use one. They haven't been tested to US standards and are therefore illegal, basically.

Great seat, and awesome that it takes up so little room!

Wendy

Wendy, are european standards the same as ours or stricter? My guess would be stricter because of no speed limits in some countries. My parents are going over to Germany in Sept andI'm considering having them bring one back.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wendy, are european standards the same as ours or stricter? My guess would be stricter because of no speed limits in some countries. My parents are going over to Germany in Sept andI'm considering having them bring one back.

That's not a German seat. There are European standards, then what the Swedes do. The Swedes rear face forever, and most people here covet those seats. The rest of Europe rear faces to 9 kg and boosters at 18 kg. There are a few seats that rear face to 13 kg, but I don't know if there are any that harness past 18 kg.

As for who is stricter, I'm not certain. I don't know them well enough to say.

Wendy

jenfrogmom

How's the fabric? I got the cowmoo but was considering the red because its nylon so it would be cool in the summer. What's your assessment for potential overheating in hot weather? I'm so jealous and trying not to jump out of my skin waiting for ours to come. :whistle: That and praying DS doesn't shoot up 2 more lbs and max out his XTSL since he of course decided to start a growth spurt the day after I ordered our MT.

The cover is soft, I don't think it would be a real problem in the heat. The black headrest is more of a woven material. I think it would be more breathable then a nylon type material fo example a Chicco Keyfit.

LuvMyCharlie

You're killing me here. I'm trying to talk dh into a 'you're awesome and survived a six month deployment with two small children' gift. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC