Vent SIL using crashed seat...

mburks26

Great wonderful way to start the day . I am getting dd ready for school. Phone rings its our cousin I am being arrested and I need someone to come get my car so its not impounded dad is not in town. We were the only ones that could go get his car. So I have to take our dog to my MIL so she can take her to the vet and hey SIL can you get dd on the bus should be here in 5 to 10 mins. She says ok so her dd is not even ready for school they ride differnt buses shes in head start my dd is in kindy. About to walk out the door.
SIL you know I dont have time to get my dd ready for the bus so I will just take them to school... Me WHAT NO her seat is at the house I don't want her in backless
SIL she can use the grey high back (Evenflo big kid with the lights )
HUBBY OK thats fine go out the door now we got to go...
ME CRYING NO she can not use that seat it does not fit her right (I think lap belt is too high used to the Vivo) and ITS BEEN CRASHED
Hubby She will be fine don't start.

OMG I am so freaking pissed its unreal. Why is it is so freaking heard for them to just go down the drvie way 1000 ft to get my dds seat really.

I cant afford to replace the exact seat and just change covers or I would they have a crashed Turbo and Evenflo.
They think its just fine and dandy to use them.
During the crash the seats were not in use not even buckled in and they say they did not hit the floor or anything they barley moved on the seat.
I have looked over both of them no marks cracks etc but the turbo has been missing half the dam foam in the head rest since before that I did at least put the screws in a long time ago if they are still there have no clue as they moved the arm rest up.

Ok rant over...

Really what can I do here even hubby is against me. I can probley buy the Evenflo sport ones that are cheaper and then when they are not home go get the other boosters and trash them. They will know I did it though.
Should I just suck it up and let dd use backless in this car it has side curtain air bags in times when I can not put her seat in. DD will be 6 in June and over 50 lbs. The lite rider we have fits but she needs the belt guide for the shoulder. I wonder if the turbo backless would fit witout the belt guide. She has about a 17 ish torso. I want to wait til at least 7 before part time backless in others cars. She still perfers the GN harness over booster.

ADS

Suzibeck

I'm not a tech but at 50ish pounds (age 5 or older) I'd let a child use a backless on occasion, especially with side curtain airbags.

In your position today, I'd let cousin's car get impounded. Why is it your responsibility to go get it? In most cases it would just be enabling him to not feel the full consequences of his actions.

mburks26

My hubbys too darn nice. Would a Turbo or the Cosco backless fit better with out the guide for the shoulder belt. My dd knows where the belt needs to be etc and can do it but she can't put the shoulder belt in the guide on her lite rider and she has to have the guide or the should belt does not fit right
I know for a fact the high back she used today was not adjusted for her and the should belt was not in the guide. I know the lap belt was done right cause dd will put that right she just cant do the should belt.

Suzibeck

Hard to say. I liked our Cosco booster better than our Turbo when we had it, but different kids fit differently. I used the Cosco Ambassador in dh's car for the very rare occasion he had to pick dd up from school. His car at the time had built in head rests that did not work with high back boosters.

andre149

I'm not going to chime in on the seats... as I too think it was a little ridiculous that they couldn't drive 1000 feet to get her normal seat. What really got me though is that your husband said "oh she's fine, don't start" to you concerning your daughter's safety... that would be a much bigger issue in my house than backless vs. high back booster :twocents:

mburks26

I am totally pissed at him. I guess he doesn't realize that the seats were in a wreck. So I have a choice between a crashed high back that may or may not be adjusted right to a proper backless then I guess I must settle for backless.

Here is a pic of dd age 3 over 40 in a cosco booster in a Jetta the same style as SIL. Lap belt great but shoulder belt not so I wonder if 2 yrs of growing made a huge difference?

This was a emergency situation she only did this one time and never rode in a booster again until after she was 4 and she was an odd ball could sit right at that age. So booster has been a backup since I could not afford another GN her main seat.

840A0610.jpg

Lite rider a few weeks ago no guide shoulder belt not good

32146223296_ORIG.jpg

If I can drop her off with putting her seat in the car then I will do so but this will be those darn times that its is so hard for the in laws to drive 1000 ft to get her seat
The backless also needs to be able to work with a 94 linicon town car and Ford F 350 Super Duty truck as that is the other cars my inlaws have.

Kat_Momof3

I would just keep using the literider... teach your dd how to put the shoulder guide on or at least to ensure the adult does it.

but the cosco booster looks like it might fit now, because she does look to have gained a lot of torso height.

mburks26

Re: Vent SIL using crashed seat... Updated

Well we had a big blow out Friday afternoon about all this and they will now be using dd Vivo for her and has moved her cousion to at least a lap shoulder belt with her backless. Now if I can find a high back seat that will work better in the Jetta I would just get an extra one a leave it there. Does anyone know if the Compass fits the Jetta head rest I was thinking about getting the Pathway since it seems to have a better lap belt fit and that way they could fold it not in use and it would be out of the way.
DD cant do the belt guide with the lite rider its hard for her with only one hand. I have issues with it too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC