My first Car seat check.... I LOVE it! LOL

becca011906

Senior Community Member
It was held by state farm (where i took my tech course at) I'll try to remember all the cars i did, i think it was about 5? maybe more ?? Lets see...

First was the husband of another tech there with her son and i got to check the seat it was a combo booster in harness mode Cosco or EB but the LATCH clips were upside down, and the chest clip was upside down so i got take it apart and fit it (wouldn't have know it was upside down excpet i know cosco arch up ward). so that was easy...

Next was a van full! LOL a 8m old in an '99 graco infant seat w/ lots of add stuff and a mior, taken and replaced with a RFing titan (what the event provided) mom seems open to rfing till 30# then there was a 43# 5 year old and a 53# 4' tall 7 year old that were both in turbo boosters w/ backs, mom and kids love the back, the 7 year old kept telling me she would be 8 soon and then no more seat by the time mom left dd was convince she'd stay in the booster a while longer to like atleast 4'9. (pre LATCH van so all Seat belt installed)

Then, i had a mom with a just turned 8 year old and a almost 5 year old. the only seat she had was a cosco no back for the 5 year old. They had a buick rendours(SP??) '02 that car has an AWFUL LATCH system just awful! I took the booster away form the 5 year old who was only 39#s and we got her in an Apex installed with LATCH only the tethe had to be twisted in order for it too hook to the latch at the base of the seat... again the LATCH system in that car sucks! and we talked the just turned 8 year old into a no back booster even flo he flat refused the hi back and had a head rest so i could argue to much with an 8 year who mostly gets his way it seemed LOL :) he did think the flipable armrests were cool and the cup holder.

Next up was a mom with two hansome little boys one was about 22months and 30#s in a comfort sport he was about to out grow by hight and the ESP foam was all cracked, took it and replaced it with a titan ffing. other boy was 13 months and 24#'s we turned him back around and mom was happy too b/c the seat was so much easier to adjust that way. it was a comfort sport too.

And i had a nice couple with an infant 8 weeks old in a evenflo bucket with base, it was a dodge neon '02 no manual but i couldn't belive it really had 3 full seats of the LATCH system !!! WOW, so we tightened up the base so it had NO movement. and lowered the harness slots a lot and he was good to go.

Finally i got the last car of the check! LOL It was a really nice mama with a Ody!!! I've been dying to install seats in one all day (as i'm trying to talk dh into on and sell of the land rover) anyways she had her son in a hi back booster EB he was almost 8 and had been wanting mom to get him a no back booster, mom refused and we explained why even though i think it would be ok once he out grows the hi back she could get him one then b/c of the curtin air bags. then she had little sis just turned 5 in a combo 3-1 i think but it was '99 from big bro so we trashed it and i pull out and Apex and grab a LATCH manual b/c by then my brain stoped from all the sunn and i couldn't memeber the latch limits... so i seat another tech coming over, it's her manual i was looking at and she said she has a hondo ody and that she couldn't get an apex in her's last year at the even b/c she wanted it for her DC, so she asked if i wanted help and we'd see if we could get it in together... b/c the child was 37# so close to the limit, we got it it took lots of pulling but we did get it! :) mom and dd loved the seat....

that's 11 kidos that are safer in the car THAT FEELS so so so GREAT!

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Yay!

And that's fantastic that ya'll had Apex's available - I wonder if that will ever be an option here.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I wanted to just cry though when i say how many other techs were just giving out thoes combo 40 evenflows :( They had about 8 apex left when the event was over... 8 of them, and there was ONLY 1 combo 40 harness seat left ... i when i had a child even close to 40 or even 35 i grabed and apex for ever excuse i could think to get the old seat gone!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC