Booster Seats for the Table

Ali

DD had a full-size highchair that now lives at MIL's. We have been using a booster with straps that attaches to the chair. I'd like to get her a simple booster that just sits on the chair. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ADS

southpawboston

we got our DD1 a "cushie"... about 3" of boost in a nicely contoured high density foam cushion, no straps to worry about. available in different colors:

cushie at onestepahead.com

the problem for us was that within two weeks of using it (and loving it), our DD1 abruptly decided she didn't want a booster at all... and just started sitting in the adult chair without any booster... she seems to do alright that way...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
which one do you have now? does it have a tray? The cooshie is nice, but wow, expensive (i hear the prince lionheart knockoff is horrible, so skip it...gotta be cooshie or nothing...uh, or remember sitting on phone books? lol)

Ali

I remember sitting on phone books! That's why I want a real booster. We have this one.

The way our table is, DD always hits her knees, so I was trying to find something that sat a little lower.

Last edited:

Dillipop

How old is your daughter? We have a cooshie type booster that came to the same end as southpawboston's. Within a couple weeks of having it, it spent more time under the table while ds sat or kneeled on his chair at the table. He was a little older than 2 at the time and did/does awesome just kneeling or sitting. At my mom's, however, he still uses a booster that straps to a chair and has never asked to go without it...:rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh I have that one, too! Yeah, no knee bonking with our particular table and chair setup :D.
Maybe you could find a good used cooshie on ebay cheaper?

Ali

DD turned 2 in January. She doesn't like to sit on her knees for very long "ouchie." She does like to sit in the boosters in restaurants. I wonder if you can buy those anywhere?

I do like the cooshie!

mominabigtruck

We have a graco seat that I got at big lots for $20. It hooks onto the table really easily and has a dishwasher safe tray. I think it also folds for storage although I've never done that because we have another one we travel with.

southpawboston

We have a graco seat that I got at big lots for $20. It hooks onto the table really easily and has a dishwasher safe tray. I think it also folds for storage although I've never done that because we have another one we travel with.

is it the kind that clamps on to the table and sticks out the end, and has a built in seat bottom and seat back? we bought a couple of those (says graco on them) from yard sales for $4-5 to have at our house and grandma's, and those worked great, but only for smaller toddlers... our 2yo DD1 kept saying she wanted to sit in a "big" chair, so that's why we went for the cushie. but i agree with some of the PPs above-- expensive block of foam, lol...

mominabigtruck

is it the kind that clamps on to the table and sticks out the end, and has a built in seat bottom and seat back? we bought a couple of those (says graco on them) from yard sales for $4-5 to have at our house and grandma's, and those worked great, but only for smaller toddlers... our 2yo DD1 kept saying she wanted to sit in a "big" chair, so that's why we went for the cushie. but i agree with some of the PPs above-- expensive block of foam, lol...

Yep, that's what I have. I like them because there's no way for them to crawl out and our dining chairs have a curved back so I can't find any booster seat that will fit because they're all square in the back.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OMG, I totally blanked on what we had when my big kids were little!!! Ikea chairs! They used to be 19 for the Windsor style http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...tId=83788&langId=-1&chosenPartNumber=10099897 they are just taller and a smaller seat, so the kids can sit right at the table in a real chair. My 2 yo had to be strapped in (with the straps from my safety first booster/highchair, lol) but they sat on those things till they were 5 or 6 and they looked nice in the dining room :)

The Bjorns

Add another vote for the Cushie Tooshie booster. At first DD LOVED it and then once she turned 3 she decided she was a "big girl" and didn't need it any more. But we're back to using it again. She manages fine without it, but it's nice to have her up just a bit since she can reach the table so much easier. We just took it to a restaurant last night and it was great. She said it was a little wobbly, but at home it sits really firm. We also have retro padded vinyl chairs (think red diner chairs) so they stick really well with no wiggle.

oxeye

Both mine use the Cushie ones. We have one for each of them. DD2 is still technically too small to use it but she was using her older sister's anyway and hated being in the booster seat we had before (with straps and a tray) so I got rid of it and got another Cushie.

babychild taxi

Hi,

I just bought 2 "The First Years" chair booster seat with a tray for our church dinner program (we needed more child seats and they are easier to store). They worked out well last night for my 2 little friends. These chairs can also recline for young infants as well.

My cousin has a FP foldable chair (pictured on someone's else's post)

One of my 2 best friends has always used the booster high chairs at home (can't remember brand, but it's about 5 yrs old and still being used well). Her parents have one at their place too.

My little friends foster mom bought pink Disney seats for the girls. They have a swing tray and removeable top tray for washing.

HTH

Ali

Thanks everyone. I think we'll go with the Cushie. Know where I can get a good price online in pink or purple? DD is VERY girlie.

Unless, I can convince DH that we need a new kitchen table. The one I want is the one that matches the tall chair that Julie linked to!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC