Radian Questions

Shakthiya

I stopped at a specialty store on saturday and was able to just quickly put a Radian in my car to check the fit. I sat it in RFing, unbuckled, with the boot as far under the seat as it went. It was way too reclined for my 2 yo, especially compared to my Decathlon. I was super disappointed as I love the seat and its foldability.

I did some research on here and found that, with some adjusting, it might be possible to get the Radian in a more upright position. This intrigues me but, the retailer is over and hour away and I can't get there again anytime soon.

I drive 2004 Saturn Vue and my DD is 35" and 30lbs. Could anyone tell me if they have had luck installing the Radian more upright in my vehicle? If so, did it slide down? My LO has been having fits in her seat since I turned her RFing again and I just want to make sure it wont easily over-recline. Thx!

ADS

Shakthiya

There's a radian successful install thread. After a quick search there are a few saturn vues. I don't know how different model years vary on the saturn.

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1269933&postcount=439
http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=425395&postcount=243

Thanks! I saw a couple in there, but I have no idea what degree of angle would be good for a toddler. Someone mentioned 40 degrees, is that a toddler angle or baby angle? Also, I was wondering whether the new boot or old was used? Thats why I thought if I asked specifically, I might get more specific answers. :(

morninglori

I have installed our RN in my 2003 Vue, and it fit really nice center LATCH at about 35-40*. Appropriate for a toddler, but not for a newborn. I used the new boot.

Shakthiya

I have installed our RN in my 2003 Vue, and it fit really nice center LATCH at about 35-40*. Appropriate for a toddler, but not for a newborn. I used the new boot.

YAY! :love: Now I can safetly buy one and just need to figure out how to get it like that for my DD. Did you pull the boot out from the seat bight (like I've read about)? Thanks so much!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC