My first seat check today

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
And of course, it was raining! I still enjoyed it though. There were only four of us there and it was held at the local mall. I checked 6 seats - 3 of which were Britax, so I think I lucked out ;)

I convinced one mom (who had two MA's) to keep her 1 year old RF for as long as possible. Helped a dad with twins in Triumphs to use the FF belt path (he kept it in the RF path when he turned them around - I remember doing the same thing with mine before I knew better).

And then there was the installation from you-know-where with the Dorell 3 in 1 in an older Ford SUV with the Mighty Tite. She had recently been in an accident and said the seat belt failed because her sons seat tipped over. Turns out she didn't know how to lock the belts (used car, no manual) so she bought a mighty tite along with her new seat :confused:

Anyway, we straightened everything out, but I wish I could remember the model of the car (late 90's SUV), because it had a crappy seat belt system. Only two lap-shoulder belts in the rear (no center) and the buckles were solidly attached so they were just at a bad angle for her carseat's belt path and the webbing always wanted to bunch up in the sliding latchplate, so much that it wouldn't budge. I think I had to route the belt 10 times to get it in tight. I kept routing it, locking it, and then couldn't tighten it. Oh, and her son was 32 lbs and 22 months old, but she said before he'd been sick he weighed 44 lbs - but was in the same seat. "But I thought it went to 100 lbs?!?!" Darn Dorel advertising :hitselfonhead:

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC