How do I say something to someone on FB?

Kendrab2315

I've never really paid attention when people post pictures of their kiddos on FB in the past. This morning someone posted a picture of their 3-4 month old in his car seat. He was in a thicker hoody, the straps were practically off of his shoulders and you could see them completely not snug, and his chest clip was so far down it was touching the buckle. I don't know if he was just "hanging out" or if he was actually in the car like that.

What do I say to her? We were friends in HS but now pretty much just FB friends? Part of my thinks he was just hanging out in his car seat because her firefighter hubby commented on the pic and didn't say anything about how he was in the seat. Should I just keep my mouth shut?

ADS
I don't say anything about pics like that because you are totally right - he could have just been hanging out in the seat or mom could've snapped the pic right before she tightened him up. I also always wonder if, in pics like that, the kid is in the travel system while mom is shopping in target or something.

I have said stuff to friends who FF on their child's 1st birthday, and I was de-friended over it. Yeah.
Now I just post videos and steal stuff from here to post in notes, and hope that someone sees them. You can't push anyone to do anything they just don't want to do.

2 of my fb friends have already approached me about turning their kids BACK around, and one of my fb friends who has an infant told me she's definitely keeping him RF for as long as she can now.

Kendrab2315

There was a actually another one today. This time you can see he was in the car. I want to say he's recently 3 and in the pic he was in a FF carseat, harness straps behind him, with the seatbelt (which was riding up his neck). I don't know what seat it is but the cover looks dated and there were def no belt guides or anything like that. I'll probably send her a message, but I feel a lot more comfortable saying something to her than the other one from this morning.

aeormsby

If you do say something send a message and not by commenting on the photo. Or I like the non-confrontational way and just post lots of carseat links on my page an a regular basis.

mlohry

I just usually don't look at pics in FB it's so bad sometimes. The other day there was pic of a 6 year old, friend's son in a LBB with the shoulder belt completely behind him, at 1st didn't even see it. He was sleeping laying completely down, leaning on the window. The only thing that was in the booster was his butt. He might as well not even had it on. I just love how people take pics of their kids sleeping, it's never good.

I did see another friend's son who is 2, and I know she didn't ERF him, but he was completely properly buckled, the straps weren't even twisted and it was an Alpha Omega seat :)

PunkyMonkey

I have seen the same things before and personally know people that for direct example are using 2 backless boosters on their 2.5 year olds :( :( :( :(.. my MIL to be exact (who think's one day she will be able to drive my child around NO WAY). My niece-in-law and adopted sister-in-law are in so much danger riding around like that. They are not even 30 pounds in 2 costco backless boosters.

I have said stuff to her and she completely ignores me.:mad:

Same with friends.
Same with my sister who has her 9 month old my niece FF in a Graco Comfort. :mad:

So just like others have said I have just started blasting my wall with links and stories praying that it will get through to them... the more I say to them more they run from me and ignore it so they'll have to delete me off of FaceBook to get away from these posts!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC