Did anyone else get the BRU flyer in the mail?

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
On the very front of the BRU ad is a very young toddler in a Smart Seat, forward facing. Grrr. Seriously, did the AAP not just make an official recommendation? Does the Smart Seat not rear-face to 40 pounds? Why not advertise it by showing its full capacity? I left BRU a message on their FB page. I doubt they'll do or say anything back, but hopefully other parents will see what I said. Grr...

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I saw it too. FF under 2 year old, chest clip too low and it looks like the straps are coming from below the kid's shoulders :thumbsdown:. It seriously looks like they didn't even try. Would it be that hard to have a CPST consult on these things?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
In their poor defense, they probably took that picture in January.

The other things are inexcusable. I haven't seen the picture, though.

Wendy

momtotwogirls

I ahte when car seat companies dont put kids in right. I complained to some company about their picture and they said that they took the picture in a studio which is fine and all but they made it look like they were in the car and msot parents assume your in the car when strapped into a car seat. They actually apologized and took the picture down.

scariestone

Yeah I said ugh out loud then threw it in the recycling bin so I didn't have to look at it anymore. I realize they were just trying to get a good picture and if the kid were close to 2 or so I could excuse it but the kid was TINY! Like 6-8 months old. That's inexcusable. :thumbsdown:

Kat_Momof3

normally, I'd be happy (maybe even ecstatic) to see a baby clearly over 1yr old and clearly above 20lbs... instead of ones that are debatable.

but I agree, with a seat that rearfaces to 40lbs, while I'm sure that taking a pic of it used ff was better for fitting the picture bigger on the page, I would have liked to see either a 3-5yr old model, or for them to sacrifice attention grabbing by having the child and seat look a little smaller to show it rearfacing.

heck, they still say "use forward facing for children 1year old and 20-50lbs"... not only should they be saying "at least", but given the aap recommendations, they really should change it to age 2... and, hello they sell seats that go up higher than 50lbs ff that are convertibles.... in fact, only two of the ones they show go to 65lbs... the other two go to 40lbs and 50lbs respectively.

it just saddens me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC