My son HATES the ma 70!!

ericsmom99

My DS is rf in my car but is too tall to rf in the MA 70 in my husbands car. He is only in it MAYBE 4 or 5 times a month so I was fine with turning him ff in DHs car ( he is 2 years, 7 months & about 38 pounds). He hates it! He always complained more in that seat even when he was rf but now its a nightmare!! Should I try to find a more comfy ff seat for him in that car or would you just ignore him?? I was debating getting a frontier or a nautilus but I would have to sell the MA 70 and the thing is almost new!

ADS

wavegal

what is his complaint? the MA70 is a pretty padded seat, do you have it in the fully upright or partially reclined position?

ericsmom99

Hes not the most verbal kid so he mostly just says "get out car" over and over, sometimes he'll say "no daddy's car, mama's car". He also pulls on the straps at his neck, I think he hates that they are above his shoulders. He never complains in my car, I guess he loves rfing! I have it in the most upright position right now, I forgot it had a partially reclined position! That might help some!!
Thanks!

On the prior Britax seats you can only use the recline feature FF up to 33lbs. They may have changed this for the new gen seats but you must check in the manual before trying the recline with a 38lb child.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Perhaps he is uncomfortable with his legs dangling. Maybe you should try making him a footrest for his seat with some rope and a section of pool noodle to see if that helps.

ericsmom99

Unless I'm reading the manual wrong, I think you can have it in recline position 1 or 2 for ffing. I have had it in it position 1 so I think I'll try position 2 and see if that helps.
I have a radian in my car, he loves that seat! I don't know that he hates the MA because its not cushy enough, I am just guessing. I have metro in the radian and that is super soft and comfy, the MA is onyx so its not as soft feeling. Who knows, I'm just so sick of the complaining!!
Thanks again!

Again, I am not familiar with the most recent models but with all of their previous models you can recline FFing but only up to a certain weight which is much lower than the overall FFing weight limit. You must recline it RFing and FFing is optional but after a certain weight they must be upright. Someone here should be able to confirm the details for your model. The manuals can be confusing.

I know you said you wanted to try it but do not use it reclined FFing until you know for sure that it's allowed at his weight. Someone should chime in here shortly I hope :)

ericsmom99

I just pulled up the manual and was unable to find anything about a weight limit

I didn't see anything about a weight limit either. All I saw was that it cant be in position 3 ffing. I won't do it until I'm positive though. The more I think about it the more I think the recline will help. That has to be what he likes better about my car, shoot, I'd love to be all relaxed rfing too!!

Kegracin

I have the MA 70 and have watched all the britax videos and of course read the manual and I'm pretty sure there is no weight limit for using the more reclined forward facing setting. You can can always call britax and see what they say about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC