Is the True Fit or Radian taller?

mom2olivia

I'm going to the store today to compare the two in my car but which is taller, the True Fit or Radian? Like which would last a child longer heightwise?

I'm trying to figure out the best solution for my 2 1/2 year old who is 28lbs. I don't feel comfortable with only having 7lbs left RFing in the True Fit. I do NOT want to FF before 4 years old...

ADS

hrice

The TF is a touch taller. Install both in your vehicle and see which fits best. There is also the Complete Air 65. It RFs to 40# and has a very tall shell.

babygirlsmom1005

The Radian is taller (IIRC from measuring my DD in it). I think it was only like a inch differance between the two....but I maybe wrong.

armywife12

lovemybabies924 said:
my DD outgrew the tf but has 1 more position left on the ca65

Yeah as far as ff goes, the complete air is about an inch higher. I think the actual shell heights are closer to the same though. I don't remember exact numbers though

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Complete Air is taller, I believe. It also allows the top of the head to be even with the top (versus requiring an inch above the head).

jess71903

Ambassador
The True Fit is taller as far as measurements go, but the Radian is one of those magical seats that somehow grows when a kid is in it. The CA and TF have the same shell height, but RF, the CA can be used to the top of the shell, and the TF follows the 1" rule.

mom2olivia

The TF is a touch taller. Install both in your vehicle and see which fits best. There is also the Complete Air 65. It RFs to 40# and has a very tall shell.
Yeah I have the complete air but Dorel is giving me a refund on it. It rubs and pinches Olivia's neck and really hurts her. So I have to get her a new one...

Pixels

Except the CA has a 40 inch height limit for RFing. If the top if the child's head is above the top of the headrest it's time to move the headrest up, but that does not mean you can ignore the height limit.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We 'ignore the limits' all the time. All the Canadians on this forum with kids taller than, what, 32 inches? are ignoring the limits.

mom2olivia

Except the CA has a 40 inch height limit for RFing. If the top if the child's head is above the top of the headrest it's time to move the headrest up, but that does not mean you can ignore the height limit.

The height limit is just a guideline I've talked to Dorel about this before since I'm a tech and I need to know what the companies policies are before I tell parents.

Dorel said their 40" is just a guideline since all kids grow differently.

mom2olivia

Ignore the crying I wouldn't let her climb into the baby swings...plus she didn't want me to take her picture

206860_522103884144_167300060_30598695_5348788_n.jpg

215347_522103904104_167300060_30598696_1847600_n.jpg

207212_522103919074_167300060_30598697_7092119_n.jpg

215560_522103929054_167300060_30598698_1072232_n.jpg

mom2olivia

I think she looks good in the radian but I would get the 80 becasue i really dislike the wings on the radian
Really? What don't you like about them? I want a girly pattern but I'm not a fan of Primrose...I really want the petal pattern...floral would be good too. The 80 is cheaper but I really want the floral pattern...lol

ELTD

Really? What don't you like about them? I want a girly pattern but I'm not a fan of Primrose...I really want the petal pattern...floral would be good too. The 80 is cheaper but I really want the floral pattern...lol

My 3 yo DD has the Flora XTSL and we really like the wings. She uses them to sleep against all the time. I also like that Flora is flowery without being PINK!

glockchick

I think the wings are a personal preference. I don't really like the way they look or how hard they are to adjust, but I couldn't stand seeing my babies without anything by their heads (I get uncomfortable with CJ in his MA) so I went with the wings. I'm glad I did. With the low RN sides and my kids sitting outboard, I'd be freaking without them. ;)

all together ooky

I love the wings for sleeping. They are a pain to adjust though, but really, you don't need to adjust them very often. I really like our Flora. The Petal is so much prettier in IRL-it's really grown on me and I'm not a pink fan.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC