Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Target Ad matching?

Does Target have copies of other store's ads at customer service, or do you have to bring one with you when you price match?
    Walmart has the other store ads, or at least they are supposed to, but I don't know if Target does.

I want to price match with the best buy ad to get Cars and the Incredibles dvd/blu ray combo packs. At Best Buy when you buy both, you get $10 off but there is also a coupon for $10 off cars and $8 off the incredibles from Disney Movie Rewards, making it about $22 for both movies, and they also each have a ticket to see Cars 2 in theaters this June, so it's an awesome deal.

I tried to go to Best Buy last night but by the time I got over there, they were closed. The online locator thing says they are out of stock of both movies. I'm hoping I can price match with Target or Walmart. I don't have the Best Buy ad.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Target Ad matching?

I have never seen any other stores' ads at any of the Target stores in my area and I've never seen them advertise that they would price match, but I could be wrong. Also, my experience with price matching is that the store you are trying to price match with has to have the item in stock.

I will ask my niece; she works at Target. If they do price match, I'll be having her buy that for me since she gets an employee discount!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Yeah, Target started price matching a while ago, I think it was before Christmas 2009, I don't remember for sure.
    You have to do it at customer service though, not the registers, and you have to show it in the ad.

I'm not sure how they would know that Best Buy is out, they won't call them up to see if they still have some in stock or not.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Anyway, I guess I'll go find out if they have the ad. I hope so, and I hope they aren't out of either movie. I was at Target last night too and they were out of the Incredibles. I'm going to a different Target today. I have to go for something else so it's not just for the movies, but I hope I can get them there too. I'll Try Walmart if I can't, but at Walmart I'd have to hope they would price match the price of the incredibles AND do the $10 off (plus let me use the coupons too) because Best Buy has it for $24.99 but Walmart has it for $34.99.

ETA, I found out about this on Slickdeals and several people have said they got it price matched at Target and Walmart, and some even got Amazon to do it.
    Mom to:

Carseat Crazy

Walmart is price matching it. I did like 15 yesterday, everyone knows about it. I only asked to see the 1st persons add. They come to $19.99 each. Then add the $5 off and $10 off coupons.
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

I'm not sure if Target keeps the ads there, I didn't ask. They were out of The Incredibles.
    I was able to get them at Walmart though. The girl didn't have any problems rigning it up. I thought the registers automatically make a csm come override a price match when the difference is huge? She pricematched them both to $19.99 but Incredibles is $34.99 there. That seems like it would have been a big enough of a difference that it would have needed an override.
    Oh well, I got them and I'm happy.
    I was even able to do it without dd1 noticing because she went to play in the little arcade that our store has, it was right around the wall from customer service so she wasn't far from me. These are going to be for Easter.
    Mom to:

I went to the Wal-Mart by my house this morning, on my way to work. Got the two movies, got in line (who knew that Wal-Mart was busy at 7:15 a.m.!)told the cashier I wanted to price match to Best Buy (had the Best Buy ad with me), then she sat there forever, reading the Best Buy ad then says "I'll have to ask because I don't think we can take the $10 off." By then, if I didn't leave in the next few minutes, I'd be late for work so I said "Forget it, I don't have time right now." So I left without my movies. I figured I would try Target, but I just called and they said they do not price match. So I might try a different Wal-Mart on my lunch hour.

I wanted to find Wal-Mart's official price match policy, so I went their web site, looked it up in the FAQ's which directs you to a link for their price match page, I clicked on it, and that page doesn't work/exist. I just want my stinkin' movies!!!!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    ...then she sat there forever, reading the Best Buy ad then says "I'll have to ask because I don't think we can take the $10 off.
    WTF? Walmart just released this ad campaign*. More details here. Write them a letter and complain!

ETA: Here's Target's price match policy. More here.

*The only reason I know that is that I found that commercial to be annoying as #*@*&$!
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Wow. It looks like both the Wal-Mart and Target employees need some training!

I did go to a different Wal-Mart on my lunch hour and had no problem with the clerk at that one doing the price match. I paid for it right there in the electronics dept. and saved myself from waiting in line at the regular registers up front!

Stores don't usually ad-match unless the ad shows a specific price, because when you get $10 off something at the other store their price might be $10 higher. The same for ad's that say things like buy one get one free things like that.

Wal-mart will even match things now without the ad, and believe it or not they have little signs behind the register that show the prices on certain things at other stores, for example it will say Rice: $$2.50 Kroger: $2.00 So basically they know they are more expensive but won't do anything about it unless you mention it.