What are you wearing????

cdncasper

Ok everyone I wanna know what you wear :D .........in your vehicle that is. I know we are really careful about what we put on the LOs but what kind of jacket/sweater etc do you wear with your seatbelt?

I wear a light sweater with a windbreaker or the shell of a 3 in 1 jacket when it is cold or windy out. Nothing bulky at all since it is so uncomfy and doesn't feel right.

ADS

ThreeBeans

Re: :p What are you wearing????

I'm 'hot'. In that I warm up way too fast. So I generally strip down to just a sweater when I'm driving.

I wear pants too.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

If it's cold, I start the car ahead of time & crank the heat, and then wear a long sleeved shirt. I get crazy hot in the car. The baby wears a sleeper and my 2 yo either has a long-sleeved shirt on or sometimes a thin hoodie.

skaterbabs

Just my sweater or blazer usually. My winter coat is too long to be comfortable, much less safe, in the car. I have a ski jacket that isn't too bad, but I avoid wearing it in the car whenever possible, more because I want to set a good example for the kids than anything else. It really doesn't interfere with the seatbelt unless it's zipped up.

JaRylan

If I am driving in the city in the winter (short trips) in cold, cold SaskatchewanI have my winter jacket on though I have been unzipping it more often since coming to this board. My winter jacket is not a puffy one though (and I know no jacket would be best). For longer trips I wear a sweater or bunny hug (hoodie to most of you) or long sleeved shirt so that I can crank the heat and it gets to Rylan in the back seat.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If it's cold enough for a coat, I wear my coat, but I unzip it when I get in the car. Even if I didn't know about the safety issue, my coat is long enough that it gets weird when I sit down with it still zipped. If it's really cold, I pull it closed after I buckle up.

Cindy&Connor

Since I had my son I don't even wear a coat anymore. I get so hot either carrying him to the car or chasing him across the yard while he refuses to get in the car, that I rarely get cold. Even before I knew about the safety issue I always took my coat off when I got in the car just because it was more comfortable.

TxMomma

I always wear a thin sweater or my fleece pullover, it doesn't get too cold here to justify using a big winter coat.

abckidsmom

I hardly ever wear a jacket, and when I do, it's a lightweight windbreaker type thing, or a raincoat.

During the wintertime I wear a tshirt under a sweatshirt usually.

Simplysomething

Ok everyone I wanna know what you wear :D .........in your vehicle that is. I know we are really careful about what we put on the LOs but what kind of jacket/sweater etc do you wear with your seatbelt?

I don't generally wear my coat while driving, but it's more because I get too hot, feel restricted...etc, than the safety aspect.

LuvBug

tank top and shorts lol! its consistantly hot down here already ;)

but during the cold months I just wear long sleeved shirts and sometimes a jacket made out of sweatshirt material... of course it doesnt hardly get cold enough for even a light jacket unless you have short sleeves on underneath.

solmama

Um, I wear whatever the weather demands. I don't wear parkas in the car, but keep them handy. I figure the heat will kick in eventually. In the heat of summer I even wear sunscreen if I'm in the sun. I'm kinda odd that way, I guess.

InTheWoods

I run pretty hot, and it doesn't that cold around here (30°F is rare), so I just wear a t-shirt and fleece or wool sweater.

And like the PP, I wear sunscreen on arms (and face) and any other exposed skin. Or a UPF 30 l/s shirt. Just cautious, Hx of melanoma.

Kristin

keri1292

I drive in the buff! :p
OK, not really. But, I hate jackets and would rather be nude than wear my big ol Columbia 3in1.

all together ooky

I wear pants too.

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

It gets really cold here and it can take 20 minutes for the car to get warm on those cold days....I usually wear a coat, but unzip it when I get warm-the lap part of the seatbelt is under the coat.

The pic of DD in my siggie has her wearing her winter coat ( we weren't going anywhere, but it was below zero).

And I wear pants too. :)

Morganthe

I always wear a thin sweater or my fleece pullover, it doesn't get too cold here to justify using a big winter coat.

:yeahthat: Especially this "winter" :whistle:
Even when I've lived in very cold places, I HATE wearing coats or blazers when I drive. They bunch behind my back and restrict my arm movement around my shoulders. Poor DH suffers because he still forgets dd & I strip down before we get into the vehicle and we USE THE HEATER to stay warm. He jumps in wearing all his winter gear, gets all hot & bothered. Then blames me for his nausea :rolleyes: :p

Wineaux

Usually just a short sleeve shirt, and if it's nice enough I put the top down on the convertible. If it's a little chilly, I put on a windbreaker and turn on the heater. That's with the top still down of course... In the winter I put on my leather jacket, and on crisp clear days drop the top and crank the heater. Very invigorating and fun I must say.
:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC