Question Decathlon Adjustment Issues - New Seat?

Shakthiya

My Decathlon has decided to stop adjusting. It had been getting worse and worse, but I adjust so infrequently that it wasn't too much of a bother. I called Britax when I realized it was under recall and they lady said they would send a kit out. Does anyone have experience with this? Did it fix the issue? I have heard of the replacing the carseat but, that offer was not made. :(

I am trying to find my LO a new seat, but have not had much luck. The Radian is too reclined in my Saturn Vue and I just wasn't 100% on the Complete Air. My LO is newly 2, 35" and 30lbs, with food and clothes she is on the verge of being too heavy to RF in her Decathlon.

I am at a lose on what seat to buy, it seems like there aren't many RFing seat available for this weight class. :thumbsdown:

ADS

armywife12

I love our complete air. I also really like the evenflo triumph 65 and the evenflo momentum. All rf to 40 lbs and have taller shells than the decathlon.

teacher01

We had two that they sent the kits out on. They still would not adjust. Britax ended up sending us 2 new seats. They did not adjust well either. We just learned to deal with it until my DS outgrew the seat. You might have the option of getting a marathon or something though. We did, but we thought that we would not have the same problem with a new dc so we got them again. I wish we would have taken a marathon or bv. I would let them send out the repair kit, and then if that does not work, call back and see if you can get a new seat.

Shakthiya

We had two that they sent the kits out on. They still would not adjust. Britax ended up sending us 2 new seats. They did not adjust well either. We just learned to deal with it until my DS outgrew the seat. You might have the option of getting a marathon or something though. We did, but we thought that we would not have the same problem with a new dc so we got them again. I wish we would have taken a marathon or bv. I would let them send out the repair kit, and then if that does not work, call back and see if you can get a new seat.

That's just what I needed to know. I would be happy with a MA70, hopefully that option will be offered once the kit arrives. Thanks!

bethng

I had that issue with my dc. They sent me a new seat.....but this was about 3 years ago.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I had that issue with my dc. They sent me a new seat.....but this was about 3 years ago.

Same here. I opted to have them send a MA instead of a DC, because I didn't feel confident that a new DC would adjust easily RF.

FYI, I seriously doubt that Britax will offer to send you a new seat, though. The DC has been discontinued for what, 2 years?, so your seat is long out of warranty. I'd say the best you can hope for is that they offer you the deal they offered some people in similar situations, something like $125 for a new seat.

luvsviola

I had them send me a new Boulevard. We were one of the people that started the recall..the NHTSA had us send them our seat to look at right before they issued the recall. Britax wanted to send me a new DC, but I didn't want another one and really loved their purple Blvd at the time. They let me have one! :)

Shakthiya

So after a couple back and forths with the rep, photos, and such... they opted to send me a new seat as "goodwill gesture" since mine was out of warranty. We are getting a MA70, since they wouldn't send me the BLVD I am in love with :( But, at least this get my DD a new seat that should last her for awhile longer while I decide if we need a Radian or a CA instead. I love Britax seats and this just makes me love them more. Yay for great customer service! :D

cso1997

Wow, I am honestly shocked and a bit appalled that they pick and choose who gets "goodwill" and who gets "goodwill plus $125". We have a DC that doesn't adjust even after the recall kit and the button pops off all the time. They absolutely would not replace it because it was just over a year out of warranty. They offered me the $125 deal but I didn't take it. I was too upset that I had a seat that I was only able to use for a year. Very interesting!! You think they have great customer service and I think they have awful customer service...ha ha.

Shakthiya

Wow, I am honestly shocked and a bit appalled that they pick and choose who gets "goodwill" and who gets "goodwill plus $125". We have a DC that doesn't adjust even after the recall kit and the button pops off all the time. They absolutely would not replace it because it was just over a year out of warranty. They offered me the $125 deal but I didn't take it. I was too upset that I had a seat that I was only able to use for a year. Very interesting!! You think they have great customer service and I think they have awful customer service...ha ha.

My button never popped off, so I never really needed the kit. The kit never even began to fix my problem and she said they were going to "further inspect the seat." Who knows why, as its discontinued and all. Either way, I dont understand why some get one offer and someone else get another offer. It doesnt make sense. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC