Question Drink bottles for kids?

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Can somebody recommend some good drink bottles for littles for me?

We've been using [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Insulator-Sport-assorted-colors/dp/B0009F3OGS/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1302621241&sr=8-17"]these Playtex straw cups[/ame] for a while now. Mostly they're used for water or drinks when we're out & about. The straws are finally starting to leak though and DS sucks on them so hard that it makes a squeeling sound that drives DH nuts. :whistle:

So, I need something else. I was thinking about some kind of drink bottle with a sport top, but it would have to be something that an almost 3 year old can open by himself and not spill everywhere. BabySteals has KleenKanteens today...but I read that they're not insulated and I don't want something sweating all over the inside of my bag. (Oh, and I'd prefer something that would fit inside the sippy pocket on a Behave. :love:)

Suggestions?

ADS

MomToEliEm

We use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-0-4-Liter-Kids-Bottle-Dinosaurs/dp/B0026IXR54/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1302621874&sr=1-2"]CamelBak bottles [/ame]for my kids. They work really well in the lunchbox and have never leaked any (unlike our thermos funtainer bottles). They do sell some insulated ones as well, but they might be a little different design than the "kids" camelbak version.

One thing about the camelbak type bottles though is that they are not good for kids who like to chew on the spout.

Kegracin

Maybe check out these the only bad thing is they only sell them at bru or tru. We have the active drinker 24plus month ones my 8yr old said they look like coffee cups he likes to use them too.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
DS is pretty good about not chewing on things. I'll have to look at those. I feel like I might have seen them at the store last week.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Maybe check out these the only bad thing is they only sell them at bru or tru. We have the active drinker 24plus month ones my 8yr old said they look like coffee cups he likes to use them too.

Thanks! I haven't been to TRU/BRU in a while, I'll have to check those out as well.

Kyras_Mama

We have 2 of the kids camelbacks and a bunch of an off brand of hard straw bpa free flip cups from Target and I like the cheap ones (I think they're just under $4) just as much as the camelbacks. The brand on them is embargo, one of the target brands. They're very durable and we've had almost no leak issues with them, only when we took them on the plane and didn't think about the pressure change before opening one! DH got a damp lap. :)

T4K

Klean Kanteens are on Babysteals today!

http://www.babysteals.com/

Love my adult Klean Kanteen. There's only one option left and it's the sport top. I just ordered the pink/white set for DSDs who are 3 and 7.

They are heavy duty. DH jumps out of planes with them and while they can get a little dent or two once in a while, they have stood up.

ETA: I didn't finish your post. You just said KKs were on BS today...NM. I'm a dork. Ugh.

You can get the neoprene sleeves for them. I had some insulated cups at one point and they got hot anyway. So I gave up :)

JOII

We have 2 of the kids camelbacks and a bunch of an off brand of hard straw bpa free flip cups from Target and I like the cheap ones (I think they're just under $4) just as much as the camelbacks. The brand on them is embargo, one of the target brands. They're very durable and we've had almost no leak issues with them, only when we took them on the plane and didn't think about the pressure change before opening one! DH got a damp lap. :)

Yeah I have the Target brand cups for all my kids, I would have liked the camel back but I was cost prohibited when I bought them, so I decided on these and also love them.

http://www.target.com/Embark-Eastma...om_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

They are getting bad reviews though... because of poor suction? Funny thing is, I didnt know they were supposed to be straw cups :eek: Mine didnt come with straws? :rolleyes: So my kids have always just tipped them to drink and we have never had a problem.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I appreciate ideas. I'll have to take a look at some of those IRL and see what I think. I'm not as concerned about the insulation for keeping things cold as I am for it to prevent sweating. It hadn't occurred to me to put neoprene sleeves on it though. I've got some of the Built NYC ones that I use for cans and (occasional) soda bottles.

Kyras_Mama

Yeah I have the Target brand cups for all my kids, I would have liked the camel back but I was cost prohibited when I bought them, so I decided on these and also love them.

http://www.target.com/Embark-Eastma...om_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

They are getting bad reviews though... because of poor suction? Funny thing is, I didnt know they were supposed to be straw cups :eek: Mine didnt come with straws? :rolleyes: So my kids have always just tipped them to drink and we have never had a problem.

That's it, Embark, not Embargo. *lol* pg brain this a.m. Strange that yours never came with straws! We only ever had trouble with suction on one of ours and there was actually something wrong with it where it was pulling air and the straw wasn't lining up right. I just exchanged it. We've got 8 of these things and have never had a problem with them. :)

scariestone

We use the non straw tommee tippee ones someone else posted and also these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Autoseal-14-Ounce-Trekker-Green/dp/B0044WCLJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302639201&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Contigo Autoseal Kids 14-Ounce Trekker Cup, Green/Blue, Set of 2: Kitchen & Dining[/ame] I originally bought them for me to use in the water bottle slot in my purse but DS kept commandeering them so I let him have them. The mouth opening is small so you don't have to worry about them getting choked with water. It took DS a couple tries to figure out how to push the button on the back and drink at the same time but its not difficult. They're not insulated but I don't put ice in DS's drinks out of the house so its not an issue for us. They also come in a 9 oz size if you prefer smaller.

ETA: Apparently they make insulated ones but they're significantly more expensive. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Autoseal-Stainless-12-Ounce-Orange/dp/B004Q3QXW6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1302639201&sr=8-5"]Amazon.com: Contigo Autoseal Stainless Steel Kids 12-Ounce Cup , Orange: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

sirrahn

We also use the Contigo autoseal cups and bottles and really like them. We have stainless coffee cups, 24oz water bottles and the kids cups too and have been pleased with all of them. They don't leak or spill and wash up great. I finally cleaned out the cup cabinet and these are all that remain.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC