Kudos to Britax

Erika Ruth

Last week I posted that I had a crack in my base of my Manufactured date 2004 Marathon. I bought it about 1.5 years ago (out of warranty).

I called Britax to speak with someone (Susan). She was more than kind, and asked to see pictures, as she just wanted to be on the safe side.

She confirmed after talking with 2 other people, that it was a cosmetic crack, but if I wanted to get it replaced, I could, if I mailed them the seat back.

I asked how much it would be, as I would have to buy a new seat for my Eldest first (she has 1/2 inch to grow in her Marathon), and I have to get a new seat for my newborn anyway, so I would have to wait until she outgrew it before I could mail it in.

She said, hold on a sec. She got back on the phone, and they are sending me a brand new one FREE!!!! And, I get to keep the cover, so I'll have a spare!

So, now, with that great customer service, I have to see if I can possibly get the regent and two Marathons across the back of my car (Sadly, doubtfull). As the Regent is 2 inches wider than the Marathon and Safeguard from what I am reading.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LittleRuthie/BritaxCrack/photo#5066282609065758402

photo

ADS

ThreeBeans

Yay for Britax!

I swear the CS is a crapshoot. Sometimes you get someone practically tripping over herself to be helpful, other times you get the Cruella DeVille of carseats.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, I just talked to a customer yesterday, whos friend has a crack in her Britax base, not sure which seat. Car seat was bought about 2 years ago. They wouldn't do anything!

Erika Ruth

I think they thought about it from a good point of view. I am LOOKING for a new seat right now, and need to buy one for my oldest. I am having a 3rd baby.

So, I have at least, and the very least 2 new seats in my future, maybe 3+ It would be better to keep me loyal, than to loose me to Safeguard (which I am willing to pay for (Dude, they have a LONG warranty!).

Erika

Erika Ruth

Okay, I got my new Britax Marathon in Cowmooflage in the mail today. It has BLACK harness straps! I was surprised! I wasn't expecting black! It looks good in black, better than in brown. My old one was in brown. The Lock offs for the upper belt are totally different, as well as the top tether.

Here is the interesting thing...

DOM:
May 21, 2007. Yep! You got it, my seat is LESS THAN 2 weeks old!!!!!!!! That is a GREAT thing for life of the seat! (I am sending back my 2005)

Erika

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Okay, I got my new Britax Marathon in Cowmooflage in the mail today. It has BLACK harness straps! I was surprised! I wasn't expecting black! It looks good in black, better than in brown. My old one was in brown. The Lock offs for the upper belt are totally different, as well as the top tether.

Here is the interesting thing...

DOM:
May 21, 2007. Yep! You got it, my seat is LESS THAN 2 weeks old!!!!!!!! That is a GREAT thing for life of the seat! (I am sending back my 2005)

Erika

Black, neat :)
The new tether has stitching as an 'energy management device'...it releases somewhat during the crash to minimize G-forces on the child's chest. Plus, the red stitching poking out the back is a good sign the seat was in a severe crash :).
The lockoffs are the new style...they really crimp the belt hard, and the best trick is to not tighten your shoulderbelt before you engage it, so it doesn't crimp TOO hard.
Now, tell me...is the RF lockoff going the other direction from your old seat? Supposedly that's happening now and makes RF belt installs a lot easier :)

Erika Ruth

I don't know about the rear lockoffs. I NEVER used them before because I could never get them closed with the seatbelt tight enough for me. I just used the car's locking system, it seems to work great in my car.

I'll check later and post.

Erika

Erika Ruth

This is strange, but it looks like my daughter gained 1/2 inch MORE in torso room with the 2007 Marathon over the 2005. It might be an optical illusion, but she looks like she has more room. (She ALMOST could go down a harness slot, ALMOST)
Erika

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC